What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill considers converting to Islam

Dogaholic

First Grade
petetheileet said:
no wonder the doggies signed him for so long...Bankstown needs an ambassador!

Parra will be announcing their latest signing from Sudan tomorrow.

HTH

shiznit

Coach
i can understand him needing to tone it down abit but why Islam??

ive got nothing against Islam at all... its just not a very common thing with poly's going over to islam.

i would associate SBW with someone like Ali Lauititi more than Choc... Lauititi was the only bloke i knew that ended every single conversation with 'god bless you and your family'.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
In this weeks rugby league week magazine, there is an article on sonny bill considering converting to islam and changing managers. He has been hanging around mundine a fair bit and it seems like he is rubbing off on him.

Thoughts?

Lego_Man

First Grade
As long as he doesnt suicide bomb ANZ stadium if the dogs dont make the GF...the game still needs men of his talent.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
sharko said:
Bullshat, I did not see that article.
this weeks rugby league week mate, with hayne and mason on the front. its a few pages in, a picture of sbw and mundine and he it says he is considering it. read through it again

sharko

Juniors
I had a few pages stuck together, I have it now.
It would be preferrable for SBW to become a Muslim as the more extreme and dangerous elements in religion are comprised in Judaism and Christianity.
The Jews are amonst the more extreme of religious zealots as are the fundamental Christians, both a menace to world peace.
The Muslims have their share of extremists but given their numbers that perecntage is quite low.
Whether SBW can give up the grog and the whores is another thing..that will be his big test!

sharko said:
It would be preferrable for SBW to become a Muslim as the more extreme and dangerous elements in religion are comprised in Judaism and Christianity.
The Jews are amonst the more extreme of religious zealots as are the fundamental Christians, both a menace to world peace.
The Muslims have their share of extremists but given their numbers that perecntage is quite low.
Whether SBW can give up the grog and the whores is another thing..that will be his big test!

:clap: dribbler of the week

Danish

Referee
Well considering the odds of little Haz departing the club once the new coach comes in is very high, it makes sense for the doggies to get one of their stars to convert.

Hopefully he becomes a very strict follower. Could come in handy having the dogs best player tied up in prayer on gameday.

Tom Ace

Bench
sharko said:

:lol:

I'm just waiting for an "uncovered meat" comment.

joshreading

Staff member
sharko said:

That is possibly the dumbest thing I have heard in weeks. Name a majority Christian or Jewish Country where conversion to another religion can end in death? There are atleast 7 muslim countries in the middle east alone where this is the case with Islam. Conversion from Islam is illegal in most Middle Eastern Countries as well as nations in asia. In countries such as Malaysia conversion is effectively illegal for Malays the only possibility going through a sharia court where of course it does not happen. Even in Afganistan NOW conversion is illegal and was until challenges theortically punishable by death. Whether some people like it or not present day violent action can be justified through Quranic verses. Have you ever seen a liberal muslim scholar go up against a hardline? One guess for who wins the debates.

Christianity and Judaism like Buddhism and any other belief group or community has people that link themselves to it that are crazy and normally contradict the core beliefs but to say there are more in Christianity and Judaism is garbage. When was the last time you saw violent demonstations when Christianity has been attacked such as was the case with the cartoons or muhammad?

Abz

Juniors
shiznit said:
i can understand him needing to tone it down abit but why Islam??

ive got nothing against Islam at all... its just not a very common thing with poly's going over to islam.

i would associate SBW with someone like Ali Lauititi more than Choc... Lauititi was the only bloke i knew that ended every single conversation with 'god bless you and your family'.
And the funny thing about that was that Laui'titi had a Muslim name (Ali) and was a very modest and down to Earth Christian.

Game_Breaker

Coach
joshreading said:
That is possibly the dumbest thing I have heard in weeks. Name a majority Christian or Jewish Country where conversion to another religion can end in death? There are atleast 7 muslim countries in the middle east alone where this is the case with Islam. Conversion from Islam is illegal in most Middle Eastern Countries as well as nations in asia. In countries such as Malaysia conversion is effectively illegal for Malays the only possibility going through a sharia court where of course it does not happen. Even in Afganistan NOW conversion is illegal and was until challenges theortically punishable by death. Whether some people like it or not present day violent action can be justified through Quranic verses. Have you ever seen a liberal muslim scholar go up against a hardline? One guess for who wins the debates.

Christianity and Judaism like Buddhism and any other belief group or community has people that link themselves to it that are crazy and normally contradict the core beliefs but to say there are more in Christianity and Judaism is garbage. When was the last time you saw violent demonstations when Christianity has been attacked such as was the case with the cartoons or muhammad?

That part in bold is important, but its seems it contradicts the rest of your post

joshreading

Staff member
IF you bold the rest of that sentence you will see it is qaulified "But to say there is more in Christianity or Judaism is garbage" My point was not to say that there are NOT people linked to who claim to be Christian that are not crazy but the percentage is clearly LESS - far less than is seen in Islam. Also the question really is 'are islamists contradicting the Quran or acting it out?' I think you will find MOST clerics believe that there is Quranic justification in terrorist or jihad activity (and yes I know that Jihad is not only 'Holy War' but inner struggle etc.) . So they are acting out of what is legitimate in the Quran not contradicting the core belief systems as is the case with many others.

It is a problem when senior clerics in Islam despite claiming a peaceful worldview WILL NOT go against hardline clerics or muslims. They only give excuses. It is always someone elses fault.

Game_Breaker

Coach
joshreading said:
Also the question really is 'are islamists contradicting the Quran or acting it out?' I think you will find MOST clerics believe that there is Quranic justification in terrorist or jihad activity (and yes I know that Jihad is not only 'Holy War' but inner struggle etc.) . So they are acting out of what is legitimate in the Quran not contradicting the core belief systems as is the case with many others.

This is where you're wrong, and where the contradiction lies.

Latest posts