What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill considers converting to Islam

Abz

Juniors
ibrmo01 said:
Hey

You guys are are all suffering from islamphobia...i dont blame you though i blame the media around you....sick in the head is what you guys are...before yo umake fun of Mundine lets see how any of yo uare better than the man...he was a top league player he could v played cricket and other sports and now he is a boxing champion...and yo uget to make fun of him???? ur just fkn happy you can make it to the footy game and pay to get in...yet you maek fun of him???

What is worng with turning muslim????? at least we have morals and guidelines we stick by.

Firstly, would you kindly get some English lessons? It may help us understand what you're trying to say.
Secondly, I never said anything about Mundine... but, if people here do dislike him, it's not because he's a Muslim, it's because he runs his mouth to no end and is in everyway a sore loser, a sore winner and an arrogant cocky bitch. Play the defensive game again.

Dogs Of War

Coach
ibrmo01 said:
What is worng with turning muslim????? at least we have morals and guidelines we stick by.

Ever heard of the 10 commandments? Yep funny that. Most religons have morals and guidelines to follow. Even those made up ones like scientology.

Mundine as a person is a top bloke, I have met him a few times, as some of the guys he went to school with played in my Oztag team, and he used to come down and watch some of the games. Mundine on TV though is just looking for attention, good or bad. Nothing to do with being a muslim, more to do with Mundine being Mundine. He loves putting the pressure on himself, as thats how he rises to the occasion. Others like the softly softly approach.

Abz

Juniors
True, but mate Mundine is seeking attention in the wrong kind of way... ie: America brought 9/11 on themselves. That was very offensive to most people who were American who heard that comment. Him being an Aboriginal should know how a comment like that can truly hurt people.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Abz said:
True, but mate Mundine is seeking attention in the wrong kind of way... ie: America brought 9/11 on themselves. That was very offensive to most people who were American who heard that comment. Him being an Aboriginal should know how a comment like that can truly hurt people.

Mate why was someone like Richard Wilkins ask stupid questions like that. Mundine isn't the smartest cookie in the world, but he could see an attention seeking moment like no tomorrow. That was the "Muslim" brotherhood he thought he was vouching for, I don't think he understood what was going on.

And BTW how many Americas do you think were watching channel 9 at 6:30am in the morning? It was only because it got replayed so many times during the next few weeks that it would have come to anyones attention.

Abz

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
And BTW how many Americas do you think were watching channel 9 at 6:30am in the morning? It was only because it got replayed so many times during the next few weeks that it would have come to anyones attention.
Not many would watch it here mate but it would get shown overseas on just about every American News program. That's beside the point though. Back on topic, unless SBW wants to follow Islam for the proper reason (which I doubt he's doing) then I think he should stay the Christian person we all know him for.

Karmawave

Bench
He is no certainty to play Sunday regardless of the newspaper reports.

Mail is he is struggling, and will likely miss the game. Its why he was sent out to the Ticketek promo. Teams like sending players who will miss the game this weekend to promos - like the Tigers did.

SBW went to the promo because he isn't a likely starter.

Put him in your fantasy teams at your own risk.

Paullyboy

Coach
I tell you what JoshReading completly owned 'Game Breaker' in their little debate in this thread. I was enjoying reading him throw out some great facts only to be greeted with 'game breaker' trying to misinterpret one word or line in a desperate attempt to fight back.

For the record I couldn't care less what religion Mundine or SBW are.

Tom Ace

Bench
Paullyboy said:
I tell you what JoshReading completly owned 'Game Breaker' in their little debate in this thread. I was enjoying reading him throw out some great facts only to be greeted with 'game breaker' trying to misinterpret one word or line in a desperate attempt to fight back.

For the record I couldn't care less what religion Mundine or SBW are.

Yep. I've never seen a more comprehensive belting than the one that JoshReading dished out in this thread.

Dogaholic

First Grade
ozzy_ozman said:
whats wrong with the name mohamad? and how would the name mohamad bring him trouble whereas it is the most common name used in the world?

I would have gone with Mclovin

Hanscholo

Bench
Abz said:
Religion isn't about 'shopping' around for the best deal, it's about following what you believe in. With all due respect to SBW, he will not be converting for the right reason (following Islamic laws and principles and he is only thinking of converting to stop drinking? He is not Islamic, he does not follow Islam culture/beliefs, and he is not and will never be a practising Muslim even if he converts, and he is looking to convert for the wrong reason. That is not the right reason for him to convert. If he wants peace, what he has to do is grow up and get off the piss during the season.

Yea? Id go for christianity if i was shopping around. Its great, do w/e the f**k you want your entire life, and on your death bed sign up to the biggest lie commited on mankind in 5k years and you get to go to heaven. At least thats the pitch. Sonny would do better by reading some philosphy or history, he may actually learn something useful.

Abz

Juniors
Hanscholo said:
Yea? Id go for christianity if i was shopping around. Its great, do w/e the f**k you want your entire life, and on your death bed sign up to the biggest lie commited on mankind in 5k years and you get to go to heaven. At least thats the pitch. Sonny would do better by reading some philosphy or history, he may actually learn something useful.
You have a very shallow mind. You obviously have not looked deep into Christianity, do not know the TRUE values of the Religion and have NI what the Religion is truly based on... Peace. 2 billion followers can't be wrong.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Abz said:
You have a very shallow mind. You obviously have not looked deep into Christianity, do not know the TRUE values of the Religion and have NI what the Religion is truly based on... Peace. 2 billion followers can't be wrong.

That is very naive!

jimmythehand

Juniors
while we're being philosophical :

The human brain simply cannot comprehend 'how it all started'. An outstanding question will always remain "but what happened before that". I think there is some sort of 'higher power' at play with this being one of the reasons.

I find it preposterous for anyone to really believe that they know what is a lie, what is right, what is wrong etc.

We all need to find something that we are comfortable with, something which gives us hope, something which makes our time on Earth better, and above all else something that fits into our standards/morals as being 'the right way to go about things'.

Anyway that's my rant over and done with.

Tom Ace

Bench
Abz said:
You have a very shallow mind. You obviously have not looked deep into Christianity, do not know the TRUE values of the Religion and have NI what the Religion is truly based on...Peace. 2 billion followers can't be wrong.

:lol:

Oh dear.