What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill leaves the country

tubba009

Juniors
I've just started hearing that too. If its true dogs should sue for breach of contract. If he doesn't want to be with the club be a man and say so. Don't just up and leave! Cowards way out!

For his sake, the clubs sake and the games sake I really hope this turns out to be false.

JasonE

Bench
To be honest, this is the best thing that could happen to the Bulldogs. They don't need the drama, get rid of him and move on with players who would give their right arm to play for the club.

Micistm

Bench
Good God Dudes, I feel sorry for yas. Normally I'm on the Warriors section, but I've defended that Primadonna for months. If it's true, I hope you guys force him to sit out the next four years. That's terrible form. And hope the Kiwis ignore him too.

cram

Bench
Sonny Bill to leave Bulldogs

July 26, 2008 THERE are reports tonight that Bulldogs star Sonny Bill Williams is set to leave the NRL and move to France as part of a big-money switch to rugby union.
Williams was named in the Bulldogs team to face St George -Illawarra on Monday night, but is believed to have left the country to sign with French rugby side Toulon, the team coached by retired All Black Tana Umaga. More to follow.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24082022-23214,00.html

chewsta

First Grade
Seems to be true, Its all over the TV.

Kimmorley would have ended his career next year anyway.

Sharkie73

Bench
From the Telegraph:
Sonny Bill Williams leaves Bulldogs for France

Article from:

Exclusive, by David Riccio
July 26, 2008 12:00am

BULLDOGS superstar Sonny Bill Williams is believed to have fled the NRL bound for an immediate switch to French rugby union club Toulon, the team coached by retired All Black Tana Umaga.
Williams left Australia yesterday without even informing the Bulldogs of his decision.
The champion forward is under contract with the Bulldogs for another four year and his move overseas will spark a legal fight.
Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said: ??I?ve had QC?s look at his contract and there is absolutely no get-out clause.
?I?m shocked that he?s left because I saw him Oatley at 7.30am this morning.??
Williams was chosen in the Bulldogs team to play the Dragons on Monday night in Sydney.

cram

Bench
This is unbelievable. I think its in the Dogs best interest to be rid of him but if has just packed up and left I am totally flabergasted.

It is obviously no conincidence that this behaviour conincides with him and his new manager and the links with Mundine. He will probably have injunctions so he cant play and take up boxing instead.....

Potsie

Juniors
Confirmed!!! and its confirmed he has no get out clause in his contract - A clear breach. I hope the Doggies wave the full force of the legal wooden spoon at this guy.

On

Potsie

Juniors
In addition, Todd Greenburg only saw Money Bill Williams at Oatley this morning. No mention of the move no hint to Greenburg.

Cooper-Man

Bench
To the bulldogs supporters. Though i hate your team as rivals, I really think this sucks. I dont want to lose players to france. I tell you what though, the only person to blame is the manager and choc, that was chocs way of leaving saints in 2000, its a cowardly thing to do and I hope the dogs use the full force of the law to stop him from earning any money or even playing for the next three years.

I hope the NRL step in and finally take control of the game. Turvey was 100% right with what he was saying on the footy show the other night.

JW

Coach
Feel for the Doggies on this one, that's a f**king dog (no pun intended) act no matter what spin is put on it. Sue the pr*ck for all he's worth.

Sugar

Bench
In addition, Todd Greenburg only saw Money Bill Williams at Oatley this morning. No mention of the move no hint to Greenburg.

Todd: Why are you unhappy here? What can we do to make you stay?
Sonny: There's a few players I don't like bro
Todd: Who?
Sonny: Kane Cleal, like, I think he hates polly's. He's always making jokes about me and baby sheep, I dont even like beef bro!
Todd: Lamb
Sonny: Nah Terry's alright, it's Kane I want gone.
Todd: No I meant......Dont worry. Alright well we won't re-sign him. Now will you stay?
Sonny: Yeah we're all sweet bro......oh how about more money?
Todd: No.

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
bahahahahahahahahahahaha

nrl should wake up because money makes the world go around and in 5 years time, the nrl will be a reserve grade comp.

time for people at the top to stop the b!tch fights, establish a new/independant board and expand the game to increase revenue.

Quint

Juniors
I don't in anyway like your Club,Given it's recent history....
But I hope your Board and your club have enough Guts and Legal Backup to nail this Pretender....
Oh Sonny Glass Williams....you are a total Media believer!
I hope the French side you are signing with are looking for an Injury prone Over rate!

If so....then you are the ........???????

Best of luck without this Myth Doggies....It can only be seen as a plus.

Last edited: