What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Runner

strider

Post Whore
i don't even think the term "loyalty" comes into this ... loyalty is about when u r off contract and can do what u want but stay loyal .... this is totally different - its completely stabbing the club/fans/sponsors/teammates/cheerleaders/tarts-who-root-you-in-toilets-at-clubs in the back and bolting - I don't know what word is best, but its further removed from being disloyal

and weidler - yeah he's hilarious - protecting his contacts ..... one of his attempts at sticking up for SBW was saying the dogs doctor influenced him to take $5m for 5yrs cos his knee was dodgy, so he turned down the $1.5m for 2yrs then ..... ummm hello! - SBW must be real bad at maths cos even if his knee blows up, $1.5mx2 = $3m and $500Kx5 = $2.5m :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
I wonder if Nine's lawyers skipped a heartbeat when they heard Khoder rip into Geyer live on the news?

bartman

Immortal
i don't even think the term "loyalty" comes into this ... loyalty is about when u r off contract and can do what u want but stay loyal .... this is totally different - its completely stabbing the club/fans/sponsors/teammates/cheerleaders/tarts-who-root-you-in-toilets-at-clubs in the back and bolting
:lol:

TheParraboy

Staff member
I wonder if Nine's lawyers skipped a heartbeat when they heard Khoder rip into Geyer live on the news?

lol

so Geyer is THE dog cause he went to 2 other clubs and smoked pot?

That surely must make SBW an absolute angel :sarcasm:

Also when asked why didnt SBW tell anyone,
Nassers reply was " Why are we all so selfish and want to know what SBW does" :lol:

The guy just look an utter tool and was clutching at straws

jk13

First Grade
seems to all stem from dog doctors giving dubious advice about the condition of his knee for contract extension. in news later tonight, dr nic riveria is sacked from the dogs

Fathead

Bench
I didnt mind Weidler on the Sunday Roast.

It was, in an odd way, good to hear a disenting voice and the other side of the story.

The way SBW has gone about this is disgraceful. Absolutely no excuses.

But seriously, if I was SBW, and that type of money was on the table, it would be freaking tempting. And also, loyalty....clubs expect a lot of loyalty from players - but don't hesitate to ship a player off due to 'cap restraints' - but then I guess all of that is fine, but however there is a right way to do things and a wrong way, and there is no doubt SBW has gone the wrong way about this.

As for Gallop, did I seriously hear him say they were gonna try and get the help of the IRB? :lol:

Thanks Fish.
I agree with you. Its a lot of money and clubs dont whinge when the show is on the other foot.

Fathead

Bench
AND also - what did the panel of the Sunday Roast EXPECT Weilder to say ???
He is protecting his livelihood and is not about to go bad mouthing SBW or his manager or anyone else who indirectly pays his wages.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Originally Posted by Tin Man 4.24
How long before Jarryd Hayne wants to do the same thing?
Well he certainly is NOT liking his days with the eels at the moment so you could be onto something there.
Fats, just a bit of wild speculation on my behalf. Completely groundless and a comment made without paying any regard to the facts. Hey, I should write for the Telegraph...

Fathead

Bench
Who knows whay will happen to this club. its all downhill if we dont pull our fingers out!

bartman

Immortal
seems to all stem from dog doctors giving dubious advice about the condition of his knee for contract extension. in news later tonight, dr nic riveria is sacked from the dogs
:lol:
dr_nick_riviera-7330351.jpg

strider

Post Whore
:lol: didn't he unload!

i particularly liked how he was adamant he is NOT sbw's manager and didn't know much - then proceeded to answer all the questions like he knew everything :lol: .... maybe someone doesn't want to be deregistered as a NRL player manager? :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Well Gallop (a lawyer by trade) has basically told us today that they don't think that injunctive orders should be pursued. From his statement today the only plan of attack is

1. That he can't play footy in that game they play down under in two cities (who gives a f**k says SBW), and
2. (Yes Fish) their only real plan is to ask the IRB not to register his FRU contract based on something he called the condoning of international piracy.

I bet there are factions of RU that are using a word like karma right now.

fish eel

Immortal
2. (Yes Fish) their only real plan is to ask the IRB not to register his FRU contract based on something he called the condoning of international piracy.

I bet there are factions of RU that are using a word like karma right now.

The IRB wont give a sh*t. Why should they?

I chuckled when I heard him say 'international piracy' :lol:

Fathead

Bench
I tell you - the game of RL in its present form is dying and the sooner we realise it the better.
Matthew Johns on the ROAST was right. We cant sit around and say things are OK and let it all just go along, we need to make hard decisions now.

Firstly - we have to realise that we are going to lose players to RU both overseas and here in the future. Its going to happen. Live with it.

Secondly - We need injections of cash from private ownership. We need to encourage those that can afford to own teams to buy them. How many multi millionaires in Australia now ? They are always looking at owning sporting teams and competing against others...

Thirdly - We need to raise the salary cap to compensate the players and try and keep those so called superstars in the game - how do we do that with clubs going broke etc etc .. simple - we merge clubs. Its the only way.
We have to have a competition where there are only about 3 Sydney teams tops with representation from Gold Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane, Central Coast of NSW, Perth and maybe another team from NZ.
If we have to scrap the NRL in its present state and form another comp - lets do it.

This is the ONLY way that Rugby League will survive in any crediable form in the future and the sooner we embrace it the better. If we sit around and say all is good we will end up like the NBL and go broke.

We better do it fast because the way the Super 16 and the NSL/ AFL are going we are going to be the poor cousins very fast.

apeman

Juniors
nasser looked like a novice bush lawyer on the news. Cant believe he said that and cant believe ch9 put him live on their highest rating show of the week. ch9 deserves it for being so stoopid.

ch9 stoopid for putting him live
weidler stoopid for putting some1 who didnt say sh*t on the news.
nasser stoopid for saying that about MG.

If nasser cant prove MG was 'on dope', MG will get at least 100,000 out of him. Mg can also sue ch9, but of course he wont coz they employ him.

Parra Guru

Coach
I liked the story Matty Johns told about him and Joey turning their backs on Super League purely for their team mates. Made me remember why I used to like them when they played together.