What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Runner

jayjayselmes

Juniors
I hope he gets sued for breach of contract. Fox sports have just said that the NRL is supporting the bulldogs & will take action to stop him playing overseas although I have no idea if the french courts would enforce a ban.

th french will laugh at this!!!

what jurisdiction does the NRL have in france? None!

Suitman

Post Whore
lol

so Geyer is THE dog cause he went to 2 other clubs and smoked pot?

That surely must make SBW an absolute angel :sarcasm:

Also when asked why didnt SBW tell anyone,
Nassers reply was " Why are we all so selfish and want to know what SBW does" :lol:

The guy just look an utter tool and was clutching at straws

Exactly, and probably wonders why most of us rate player/managers lower on the "human low-life scale" than real estate agents, car salesman, Oil Company CEO's and Bank CEO's.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
2. (Yes Fish) their only real plan is to ask the IRB not to register his FRU contract based on something he called the condoning of international piracy.
:lol: Aargh matey!!

pirate%20jack%20sparrow.jpg

WA Eel

Juniors
Actually, I blame this all on the bad influence of Andrew Ryan.......... well, he's the only player to have been walked out on twice (by Judas, then $BW) so it must be him!

strider

Post Whore
i'm waiting for him to come back to australia and go ... "hey whats all the fuss bro? I just went over to watch the end of the bike race"

Gronk

Staff member
From the Telecrap this morning.

A spokeswoman for the IRB said it was powerless to stop William's contract being registered with Toulon.

Game, set & match.

WA Eel

Juniors
But if he's dream is to be an All Black like he says, the IRB can still refuse to register him preventing him from playing for the AB's.

strider

Post Whore
rugby don't give a sh*t - they know they now have more money than league and its a massive coue (sp?) for them for one of league's highest profile players to jump ship - on the surface they might do some, mmm break contract bad, talk, but I don't think they'd give a sh*t tbh

Kornstar

Coach
If the IRB cannot do anything then what is their actual purpose?

I know they shouldn't care about League but why would they want some low life human who just dogged all of his friends and family playing for their code?

strider

Post Whore
If the IRB cannot do anything then what is their actual purpose?

I know they shouldn't care about League but why would they want some low life human who just dogged all of his friends and family playing for their code?
thats your view of it - I'm sure others see it differently ..... and I don't what you actually mean by "family", but I'm betting his actual relatives r probably cool with it all - and I'm betting his closest friends will be supportive :lol:

the fact is IRB looks after "Rugby Union" - end of story really ..... unless there is a threat to both union and league from somewhere else I can't see the IRB giving a sh*t about getting a highly talented player to join their fold

Gronk

Staff member
LOL at the fans who are ranting about SBW abandoning the fans for money. Of course it's for money and there is zero wrong with that.

I have a mate who is a lawyer, was on $150k base package, struggling to live the life that he desired. Out of the blue he got a call from an old boss in Dubai. He told the firm he was working for and they were :blahb: about loyalty and the family at work.

He took 3 days to take the job and yes he copped a heap of attitude and flack. Now he's in an canal front villa in Dubai earning $US750k tax free.

Do not look a gift horse in the mouth kids.

fish eel

Immortal
LOL at the fans who are ranting about SBW abandoning the fans for money. Of course it's for money and there is zero wrong with that.

I have a mate who is a lawyer, was on $150k base package, struggling to live the life that he desired. Out of the blue he got a call from an old boss in Dubai. He told the firm he was working for and they were :blahb: about loyalty and the family at work.

He took 3 days to take the job and yes he copped a heap of attitude and flack. Now he's in an canal front villa in Dubai earning $US750k tax free.

SBW has done the wrong thing.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Your lawyer mate broke a 5 yr contract with the firm and also has a lot of NRL fans :eek:

:sarcasm:

The Colonel

Immortal
Two sides to the story....... and it is probably Williams previous manager and current manager that needs to cop the crap.

He recommended to his client that he sign a $400,000 per year contract that would hold him to the club for five years. The contract held no incentive payments, no renogotiation clauses and was pretty much in the favour of the Bulldogs. Now, any manager worth his salt would be able to invest the money to help him reduce the tax so effectively he should be earning $350,000 in hand per year plus what ever other contracts he has outside the game - reportedly worth $1 million plus.

He is on a reasonable wicket, however as the marquee player at the Bulldogs he is pretty much held over a barrel for a long time.

The flip side is he agreed to the five year deal, was happy to do it as he voiced in the paper.

"I pretty much came to this decision last night talking to my old man. Growing up we didn't have much and with the signing after five years I'm pretty sure I will have some for myself and some for my family,'' Williams said.

"It was a big decision and I always wanted a five year deal.

"I have not been sleeping too well the last couple of weeks.

"I don't want to go through this ever again. I want to get myself and my family a good future."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/d...-for-five-years/2007/03/08/1173166891498.html

Can't begrudge Williams earning whatever money it is he can.

He should have done the right thing by the club and at least honoured the contract he was so happy to sign not more than 12 months ago.

forward pass

Coach

I think you are confusing two issues Gronk. No-one would knock back that sort of money. Good luck to the guy.

It is the way he went about it that is the issue - not the fact he took more money.

Not even a call to his mates or coach. If you think that is okay because there is a pot of gold at the end then you are as bad as him.

Latest posts