What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Williams to the Eels?

caylo

Bench
An addition like Quade Cooper or Cooper Cronk plus a SBW would make us the most feared team in the NRL, but lets be realistic. To date; in the last 3-6 months we have been linked to 10-15 players and alot of them being big names. Of those how many did we sign, NONE and since have settled for alot of no name type signnings.

Parraletic

Juniors
SBW & Cooper Cronk would be dream signings. Look, this guy is a wanker for what he did, like J Lyon. But footy is a business these days & he would be a huge signing for sure.

Eels Dude

Coach
Cannot see this happening at all. Just a nothing article with no substance to it whatsoever.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't know anything more about the T story than meets the eye. What's the story Stagger?

well when the club makes a statement some time back that T's situation is difficult and complex than I would imagine that statement alone would indicate that his personal situation isn't as rosey as it's made out.

strider

Post Whore
for the love of god, please leave T out of this one, there's much more to the T story than meets the eye and the guy just doesn't deserve the sh*t he's copping atm.
yeah I can't fathom grouping tahu in the same boat with SBW and pig rooter

hindy111

Post Whore
Money hungry??? If he was why isnt he still playing french rugby? he left a lot of money to go to NZ....
Take him in a heart beat. Hindy only has a 2 yrs left.Thou im tipping big things from HORO. He will make the 13 his for a long tme i think

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hope we dont cut Hindy in 2012 to accomodate S$W, if we were seriously looking to get him on the roster

TheParraboy might then have to pack in the 2nd row with Parra pete down Canberra way :oops:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hope we dont cut Hindy in 2012 to accomodate S$W, if we were seriously looking to get him on the roster

TheParraboy might then have to pack in the 2nd row with Parra pete down Canberra way :oops:
The Canberra boy doesn't have the same ring to it :?

IFR33K

Coach
for the love of god, please leave T out of this one, there's much more to the T story than meets the eye and the guy just doesn't deserve the sh*t he's copping atm.

I'm not having a go at Tahu, but if he has issues he should walk away. Not request two weeks leave, then once granted, request a further 8. He has put the club in a very difficult situation.

parra pete

Referee

A combination of The Canbraboy and RaiderPete would l be devastating, but the Raiders will have to cut Bronson Harrison and Joe Picker to fit us in.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm not having a go at Tahu, but if he has issues he should walk away. Not request two weeks leave, then once granted, request a further 8. He has put the club in a very difficult situation.

again, unless you know the real reason of his departure regardless of how he went about it than calling him a dog or whatever is just not called for, I personally wish him all the best and when or if the real reason comes out publicaly than you'll understand why i'm going into bat for him.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
again, unless you know the real reason of his departure regardless of how he went about it than calling him a dog or whatever is just not called for, I personally wish him all the best and when or if the real reason comes out publicaly than you'll understand why i'm going into bat for him.

No loss. He wasn't under contract anyway so he can do whatever he wants.
The new blokes will go better anyway.

Glenn

First Grade

Nice to see some are not just blindly following the half truths in the media.
:clap::clap::clap:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think it would be great to have a player like SBW at the Eels. He can do things most players can only dream of and is one of the best players in the game. Imagine a team with fully firing Hayne, Fui and SBW. It would be unstoppable. What do other fans think?

link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/onny-days-for-eels/story-e6freye0-1225980117509

Not a fan of how he dealt with his situation. However, I try to accept people make mistakes, and to give them another chance.

On the other hand, he is an insanely good player and I would welcome him in a heartbeat. PLEASE make it happen, Mooks.