What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Williams to the Eels?

guruminga

Juniors
I hate the dogs with a passion, but they didn't deserve what SBW did to them. SBW, Tahu and Lyon are wankers of the highest order. f**k them.

Give Tahu a break, how could you even compare him to the other two?

G

IFR33K

Coach
again, unless you know the real reason of his departure regardless of how he went about it than calling him a dog or whatever is just not called for, I personally wish him all the best and when or if the real reason comes out publicaly than you'll understand why i'm going into bat for him.

Me calling tahu a wanker goes back a few years. He said he won't contemplate playing union, then signs with the ARU. While there he bags out RL. He then jumps ship back to NRL, and proceeds to bag out union.
While attempting to play league with the eels, he was made to look like a fool nearly on a weekly basis. This drama queen then walks out on his team mates during a SOO series, because of what a member of The coaching staff said. His team mates were made to suffer because of a johns.
Now, being given 2 weeks leaves by the club, he has requested a further 8, putting the club and the administration in a very difficult situation. It would of being better for tahu, the club and players if he had just decided to retire.
I don't know the whole story but like others have heard his wife left him to relocate in newy. If that is the case then I to hope he sorts his sh*t out and wish him all the best.

That will not change my opinion on him of being a wanker thou.

Last edited:
So, in calling the article bullsh*t, are we saying that Kearney and $BW were not seen together?

Let's not forget that Kearney is also the NZ Coach and would no doubt talk to Kiwi players whenever possible. While Kearney will have drawing power not every conversation that he has with Kiwi internationals will be about coming to Parramatta.

My guess is if they were seen together then Kearney was just using his position as Kiwi coach to discuss footy with $BW, talk about his possible return to rugby league etc

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So, in calling the article bullsh*t, are we saying that Kearney and $BW were not seen together?

Let's not forget that Kearney is also the NZ Coach and would no doubt talk to Kiwi players whenever possible. While Kearney will have drawing power not every conversation that he has with Kiwi internationals will be about coming to Parramatta.

My guess is if they were seen together then Kearney was just using his position as Kiwi coach to discuss footy with $BW, talk about his possible return to rugby league etc

I believe the bit about them being together. I think the rest is just made up bullsh*t but.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Me calling tahu a wanker goes back a few years. He said he won't contemplate playing union, then signs with the ARU. While there he bags out RL. He then jumps ship back to NRL, and proceeds to bag out union.
While attempting to play league with the eels, he was made to look like a fool nearly on a weekly basis. This drama queen then walks out on his team mates during a SOO series, because of what a member of The coaching staff said. His team mates were made to suffer because of a johns.
Now, being given 2 weeks leaves by the club, he has requested a further 8, putting the club and the administration in a very difficult situation. It would of being better for tahu, the club and players if he had just decided to retire.
I don't know the whole story but like others have heard his wife left him to relocate in newy. If that is the case then I to hope he sorts his sh*t out and wish him all the best.

That will not change my opinion on him of being a wanker thou.

I was a massive fan of Timana even before he signed with us.
I know that there is more than meets the eye with all this drama, but i agree with you.

Doga

Juniors
SBW will not be able to play without a release from the Dogs until 2013. He will not be given one either.

Smartman

Juniors
The dumb folks that wrote that article seem to forget he cant play for any NRL club until 2013. :cool:

Delboy

First Grade
Smartman, surely not even the Dogs would stop someone trying to steal a player back form the darkside, particulalry when they were paid a substantial amount for his release.

"Tongue firmly planted in cheek"

Smartman

Juniors
Greenberg would never let SBW back in the NRL before 2013 unless theres more dough being paid for his contract :cool:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
2013 is early enough.

We'll have enough new players next year to integrate into the team.

And Hindy retires at the end of 2012. It's perfect timing.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I see what you Dogs fan are saying, and fair enough...However, (and please don't think I think this is ever a chance of happening; I reckon he'll never return to league), to play devil's advocate but for a moment...

If SBW genuinely wanted to return to the NRL, the NRL would be licking its chops at the idea. Sure, the NRL has gotten along fine without SBW in its roster. But he's a mega star and the idea of having him back would be too pleasing for the fat cats up at corporate NRL headquarters. The Inglis-Souths saga would pale in comparison to this IMO - if SBW genuinely said he was keen to return and he wanted to play under Kearney, I can imagine the NRL stepping in and sorting something out so that he could play...

Mind you, it won't happen.

inside_pass

Bench
Even if you signed SBW it's not going to fix all the problems at the Eels.The club is a mess.At least you got rid of Anderson ,that's a step in the right direction,what a joke he was.The eels need team players, not show ponies like SBW and Hayne.I honestly can't see the Eels getting anywhere near the eight in 2011.It's going to be a long year for you guys I'm afraid!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Even if you signed SBW it's not going to fix all the problems at the Eels.The club is a mess.At least you got rid of Anderson ,that's a step in the right direction,what a joke he was.The eels need team players, not show ponies like SBW and Hayne.I honestly can't see the Eels getting anywhere near the eight in 2011.It's going to be a long year for you guys I'm afraid!

True, we have bigger issues.

Hayne not being a team player is the NRL's biggest myth, though - ask anyone, and they'll tell you that Hayne is the one in huddles urging his team on; he's the one at team functions doing all he can to help his fans (I have seen this first-hand). And he is the first guy to cheer when we score. I don't know where this "Hayne has an attitude" issue arises from - he's actually a very humble young man, and he is mature and level-headed considering his status in the game. I am proud to call him an Eel.

As for 2011, we'll get into the 8 IMO but be eliminated quickly.

Hallatia

Referee
I sort of hate the Eels a fair bit at the moment, our recruitment has been crap and I just cannot get over the axing of Daniel Anderson, it might be irrational, but I feel really betrayed and I hate the board for it, haven't even been able to get myself to buy a season ticket yet. However, if we sign SBW, some of the damage will be reversed - I would love to see him in Eels colours and love to see Parra making a signing like that, plus signing him would show some cajones

Latest posts