What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Williams to the Eels?

IFR33K

Coach
I sort of hate the Eels a fair bit at the moment, our recruitment has been crap and I just cannot get over the axing of Daniel Anderson, it might be irrational, but I feel really betrayed and I hate the board for it, haven't even been able to get myself to buy a season ticket yet. However, if we sign SBW, some of the damage will be reversed - I would love to see him in Eels colours and love to see Parra making a signing like that, plus signing him would show some cajones

Personally, I would rather cheer the has beens we have signed.

A top player, but a dog, and don't let me get started on the merkins he is taking advice off.

I don't think 2011 will be as bad as first thought.

I was all against the sacking of DA, and vowed not to buy my season tickets, but I have changed my tune and purchased my four season tickets.

I still have doubts of SK though. Being talked up as the next Bennett. Only time will tell.

caylo

Bench
Personally, I would rather cheer the has beens we have signed.

A top player, but a dog, and don't let me get started on the merkins he is taking advice off.

I don't think 2011 will be as bad as first thought.

I was all against the sacking of DA, and vowed not to buy my season tickets, but I have changed my tune and purchased my four season tickets.

I still have doubts of SK though. Being talked up as the next Bennett. Only time will tell.

If Williams was intrested I would forgive and forget, same as Tallis was (he did pretty much the same thing). If Lyon, T.Smith or Tahu ever wanted to come back (and they were in form) then I would be willing to forget the pasr. Everyone is human and makes mistakes, who are we to judge?

BUT realistically there is no way that SBW will play for parramatta. As it has been mentioned, the $$ is RU is just as good for alot less games and he is allowed to box. He is still offically contracted to the dogs until 2013 and they would have to release him which they wont without a large sum of $$.

If he continues to improve on the union field - he wont be coming back to league.

My money is on him returning to France for the big $$.

Toulon offered Joe Rokocoko $1 million a season, but he knocked them back, as he wanted to play in the world cup.

They currently have Johnny Wilkinson, Felipe Contepomi (Champion Argentine fly half 68 test caps) & George Smith on their books - to name just a few.

lingard

Coach
As good as Sonny-Bill Williams may be, I think he is too injury-prone to be of any real value at the price he would be asking. In my opinion, if a team can`t make a decent assault on the premiership without paying a player $600,000 or so, then they may as well give up. And that goes for Wayde Cooper, too.

jono

Juniors
As good as Sonny-Bill Williams may be, I think he is too injury-prone to be of any real value at the price he would be asking. In my opinion, if a team can`t make a decent assault on the premiership without paying a player $600,000 or so, then they may as well give up. And that goes for Wayde Cooper, too.
Agree , I recall one of his trademarks was the big shoulder charge , he did one in the semi final in 2007 and buggered up his shoulder , went off , and the game changed in our favour in an instant . Even Hindy at the time remarkes how great it was to see the back of SBW leaving the field.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Agree , I recall one of his trademarks was the big shoulder charge , he did one in the semi final in 2007 and buggered up his shoulder , went off , and the game changed in our favour in an instant . Even Hindy at the time remarkes how great it was to see the back of SBW leaving the field.

Didn't he break his arm trying to tackle Hindy?

mrpwnd

Bench
Massive freak on the field when the shoulder wasn't burning him though. Geez the dogs had a good side in the early 2000s, cap rorting aside, reminds me of the line-up the eels had when they thrashed the broncos back in 2007.

Stagger eel

Staff member
SBW's value on and off the field will be too much to pass up...

not that it's going to happen.

Hellsy

Immortal
I'm not sure I can support a team with SBW in it.... I would abusing him whilst trying to support the other guys... I feel a case of tourette's coming on

IFR33K

Coach
I have it on very very good authority that neither Sonny Bill Williams or Quade Cooper will be coming to parramatta.

mrpwnd

Bench
I have it on very very good authority that neither Sonny Bill Williams or Quade Cooper will be coming to parramatta.
Oh, what a coincedence, I was told the exact same thing by my sources. Btw his name is common sense.

Latest posts