What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Fai Fundraiser (And How You Can Help)

Jesbass

First Grade
Awesome stuff, guys.

The latest news is that we've now passed the $30,000NZD mark - exciting stuff!

AliN

Live Update Team
Awesome stuff, guys.

The latest news is that we've now passed the $30,000NZD mark - exciting stuff!

Jes thought I heard the cheque was for $25,000, meaning there's still more to come? Or are my ears stuffed :eek:

What a buzz for the family knowing it's from the fans.

Nice interview etc on the field by all of you..

Last edited:

LeagueNut

First Grade
Yeah, awesome stuff today guys. Great to meet you Mick, I reckon you should pull a sicky from work tomorrow though. ;-)

AliN

Live Update Team
Yes pretty hard to jump off the plane and head straight to work.

Nice to meet you as well, and good work!!

Jesbass

First Grade
Jes thought I heard the cheque was for $25,000, meaning there's still more to come? Or are my ears stuffed :eek:

What a buzz for the family knowing it's from the fans.

Nice interview etc on the field by all of you..

There's more to come, Ali. You saw how casually we were selling today, and we raised another grand. There is also a sizeable amount sitting in an Australian bank account, hence the $25k cheque.

A very moving moment for me - got a bit teary out there, to be honest. Getting the win was icing on the cake.

AliN

Live Update Team
thought as much Jes.
Well done on the effort at the game!

The test will be a bonus for sure..

Jesbass

First Grade
Here are a few photos that are likely to be in the photo album...

Reynaldo Gesmundo - Petersham, New South Wales, Australia
picture.php

Paolo and Sabrina Crendentino - Belfield, New South Wales, Australia
picture.php

Sarah Faithfull and Holly O'Callaghan - Christchurch
picture.php

Melinda Loader and Room 7, Korakonui School - Te Awamutu
picture.php

Great stuff - keep them coming!

Jesbass

First Grade
Hi all. I know it's been a while, but with the final wristband payment being received and the bank account being closed within the last week, I wanted to touch base with you all on behalf of both myself and Mick Treacy, to thank everyone who supported us during the course of the fundraiser.

Countless people gave up their time and hard earned money to support the Fai family, and we wouldn't have even made it out of the starter's blocks if it wasn't for the help of these unsung heroes.

With the account now closed, I can announce that the final official figure that was raised and gifted to the Fai family is NZD34,874.45. In all, more than 11,000 wristbands were sold to individuals in 10 countries, (New Zealand, Australia, England, Wales, the USA, Germany, Samoa, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, and South Korea), across 4 continents.

Your input was crucial to this final result.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

A photo slide show has been uploaded to YouTube. I invite you to watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZMzbyf5KMo

Have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year!

Dave Q

Coach
Hi all. I know it's been a while, but with the final wristband payment being received and the bank account being closed within the last week, I wanted to touch base with you all on behalf of both myself and Mick Treacy, to thank everyone who supported us during the course of the fundraiser.

Countless people gave up their time and hard earned money to support the Fai family, and we wouldn't have even made it out of the starter's blocks if it wasn't for the help of these unsung heroes.

With the account now closed, I can announce that the final official figure that was raised and gifted to the Fai family is NZD34,874.45. In all, more than 11,000 wristbands were sold to individuals in 10 countries, (New Zealand, Australia, England, Wales, the USA, Germany, Samoa, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, and South Korea), across 4 continents.

Your input was crucial to this final result.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

A photo slide show has been uploaded to YouTube. I invite you to watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZMzbyf5KMo

Have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year!

I think we all know that the biggest pat on the back belongs to you..the stuff of legends.

Merry Xmas and Gods speed to the pilgrims to bethals 2010. Stay safe but dip the toe in the water and be with him.

Most importantly, share his spirit.

Big Mick

Referee
Cheers Jes.

Btw guys.

If anyone is in Australia I still have about 2,000 left that i've been distributing to Junior Leagues for free to preserve Sonny's Memory.

If you'd like some extra, please get in contact with me via the faiwristband gmail account which I still check every day.

Faiwristband@gmail.com

I wont ask for any fee other than the postage charges, so you are getting the wristbands for free.

Cheers,
Mick

Jesbass

First Grade
A suggestion has been made that a wristband appeal, similar to the Sonny Fai one, be started to support the people of Christchurch. The idea is very much in a formative state, but my question is simple: if such an appeal were to happen, would you A) consider buying a wristband, and/or B) consider helping to sell them?

JAG

Juniors
A suggestion has been made that a wristband appeal, similar to the Sonny Fai one, be started to support the people of Christchurch. The idea is very much in a formative state, but my question is simple: if such an appeal were to happen, would you A) consider buying a wristband, and/or B) consider helping to sell them?

A) Yes

B) Yes

Maybe this would be better in a thread of it's own?

Jesbass

First Grade
A) Yes

B) Yes

Maybe this would be better in a thread of it's own?

Yeah, perhaps it would, and I don't like to bump old threads, but I wasn't sure whether to start another thread considering the earthquake one already exists.

A good call, though, methinks. Can one of our esteemed moderators do what I didn't, and split this thread? :thumn

Latest posts