What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sony Ericsson Z800i

RK

First Grade
Is there a way you can turn your camera sound off so that when you are taking a photo no one can hear it???

Frederick

Staff member
...Put the phone on silent mode? :?
Up until yesterday I was using a Sony Ericsson P800, and AFAIK that was the only way to turn off the camera sound

[furrycat]

Coach
Most new phones are now standard to not let you do that so people cannot take photos of you without your knowledge. It is a privacy thing. People were taking photos of people with phones on beaches etc because that sound was off. Now you can't turn it off so you know if someone with a camera is taking photos of you.

RK

First Grade
Oh bugger.

So I cant take a picture of a goodlooking guy on the train to show all my friends???

[furrycat]

Coach
RaiderKate said:
Oh bugger.

So I cant take a picture of a goodlooking guy on the train to show all my friends???

No. It's called Voyeur and is illegal :p I get that question all the time at work about the camera sound- it is there so people are not illegally photographed after many problems over the past few years regarding privacy and mobile photo cameras.

The Dodger

First Grade
i have a nokia 6280 and you can turn the sound off on it.
(pretty new phone)

if you turn on the camera, do you have an options menu there?

thats where it is on my phone.
just a thought.

[furrycat]

Coach
Some phones still allow you but a lot do not for this reason. My phone is a nokia and fairly new and allows me to turn off the sound. It just depends.

Frederick

Staff member
DPG said:
i have a nokia 6280 and you can turn the sound off on it.
(pretty new phone)

if you turn on the camera, do you have an options menu there?

thats where it is on my phone.
just a thought.
Yeah, I have that phone and only discovered yesterday that the camera sounds could be turned off. Ladies toilets, here I come ;-)
:lol: