What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO in Adelaide in 2020

RazorRam0n

Juniors
yCkZCoL.png

Yep like I said 95% of a 55k stadium = struggle. Our worst crowd still 10k greater than your best

LESStar58

Referee
The myth that only NSW give up home games continues despite it not being remotely true. This is so painful. The game's being exposed to different markets, that's a good thing. Also all but ensures sell-outs at Syd & Bne.

2006 - NSW gives up one to Melbourne
2009 - QLD gives up one to Melbourne
Then a new cycle commences from 2012
2012 - 1 Syd 1 Bne 1 Mel
2013 - 2 Syd 1 Bne
2014 - 2 Bne 1 Syd
2015 - 1 Syd 1 Bne 1 Mel
2016 - 2 Syd 1 Bne
2017 - 2 Bne 1 Syd
2018 - 1 Syd 1 Bne 1 Mel

From 2019 it shifts again with QLD giving up a game to Perth and 2020 NSW giving up a game to Adelaide.

I'd imagine Melbourne gets it back in 2021 to continue the cycle but who knows.

I should get you to explain this to my dumb ass uncle who complains every time origin is in Melbourne and os probably salty about this too.

jim_57

Staff member
I should get you to explain this to my dumb ass uncle who complains every time origin is in Melbourne and os probably salty about this too.

If they go back to 2 games in Sydney or Brisbane in 2021 I'll be dissappointed. This could become a huge cash cow and way to promote the game to new markets if they put 1 game up for grabs every year.

Last edited:

Zigwaa

Bench
Not even origin could get me to go back there. The place is a toilet .

When did you last visit Adelaide? A lot has changed in the last few years and improved significantly, if it's been a while you might be surprised with the look and feel in the city now.

King hit

Coach
Courier mail was calling the decision a sell out to the fans and trash talking the decision.

LESStar58

Referee
When did you last visit Adelaide? A lot has changed in the last few years and improved significantly, if it's been a while you might be surprised with the look and feel in the city now.

September 2016 so not long. Went and saw The Sonics at The Gov.

Also, Sneaky Pickle BBQ in Unley.

Aside from those two things... yeah nah. I'd rather hang out in Newcastle.

Zigwaa

Bench
September 2016 so not long. Went and saw The Sonics at The Gov.

Also, Sneaky Pickle BBQ in Unley.

Aside from those two things... yeah nah. I'd rather hang out in Newcastle.

Ok fair enough. I've lived in Newcastle before too. I don't mind living in Adelaide, just the lack of Rugby League support is stifling, the rest is pretty good.