What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
They can call it scrappy all they want but at the end of the day we got the job done with 5 starters missing. Our energy was great throughout and for the most part we defended very well. Attack was of course disjointed but you expect that.

3 JWH (beastly)
2 friend
1 latrell

I could have given a lot of players the 1 point but latrell made a heap of hard yards from our own line and defended well. He didn't really have much opportunity in attack.

The bye next week will do us the world of good with the origin players benefitting too.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. JWH. I thought he really showed the way forward and helped our less experienced blokes stick at the game for the 80. If JWH doesn't play we don't win. Loved how he refused a spell when offered.

2. Cornish. Solid kicking game and created a few things with the ball. Not saying we didn't miss Pearce but as stand in he let no one down. It also allowed Keary to play his natural game. Well thought out Robbo.

1. Friend. Played his guts out again. Can't criticise his commitment. Had a better than average night out with his general kicks.

Tommy Smith

Referee
3. JWH
played the entire first half and laid the platform for the upset win
2. Friend
set up both our tries and tackled his heart out. A couple of great long kicks with his only blemish being a customary poor kick on the 4th that no one was expecting!
1. Cornish
outstanding long kicking game, some very deft passes and also solid in defence. An excellent back up half who deserves a crack in FG somehwere, maybe the Knights.

Special mention AGAIN to Aubo who really tightened up our left edge defence and also made some strong runs. Liu also had his best game this year and Tetevano was again strong.

OVP

Coach
10. Ashley Klein. 7 leg ups in a row leading to Souffs' first try was so unbelievable, yet so expected. He has no peer. All hail King Ash, and may the mountains tremble in your wake.
9. The NRL for scheduling one of the biggest rivalries in the game during origin. What a useless bunch of peanuts.

3. Jared. Godlike.
2. Guerra. Was glad he was out there actually. Our attack was so disjointed, it felt like i was watching schoolboy footy on occasion. But you play with dogs you get fleas, and you play with rabbits you get mixa. Was very happy with the old heads out there tonight, they really helped the young kids out a lot, all of them did. This was so unlike last year, and it made me smile. Well played Aidan :)
1. Friend.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Always been a big fan of Cornish's talent and apparently is just a gem of a bloke too
Was stoked to see him get a chance and show what he's got
Thought he was one of the best 2-3 on ground for sure

3 points: Jared Warea-Hargreaves. Played 61 minutes in total (including the entire first half) made 21 runs for 216 metres, and made 31 tackles with only 4 misses. Lead from the front and took it to the Souths pack. Outstanding.

2 points: Jake Friend. Played the full 80 minutes, laid on both tries, and for the second week in a row made 60 or more tackles (made 61 this week). Lead from the front.

1 point: Few contenders for this one but have to give it to Michael Gordon. Rare to see a fullback make 10 tackles in a game, which he did, but his pearler to stop a rampaging Alex Johnston from scoring in the first half was superb. Add in his 3/3 goal kicking and he dserved the chockies. Hope his injury is not serious.

Only real negative I want to mention, Daniel Tupou was ineffective on the right hand side last night. Joseph Manu kept running him out of room.

Edited due to spelling errors.

Last edited:
3. JWH
2. Cornish
1. Friend
Hats off to Maubs and even Guerra.
Sh1t game, refs sucked and the ruck is properly dead. We beat the vermin twice this year and a public holiday should be declared. In Easts we trust.

Liberate Souths

Juniors
if our coaching staff had been watching the game instead of stealing richo's prawns from his prawn cocktail, we would have drew....and then lost it in golden point. Then you can have your public holiday.

1 friend
2 hargareves
3. Cornish

Reactions: OVP

OVP

Coach
if our coaching staff had been watching the game instead of stealing richo's prawns from his prawn cocktail, we would have drew....and then lost it in golden point. Then you can have your public holiday.

1 friend
2 hargareves
3. Cornish

Jesus H Christ, how the hell did they manage to steal Richo's prawns ? They must have hired Tom Cruise from Mission Impossible. I can just see Fat Richo sitting there with his claws around his prawn cocktail emitting a loud growl anytime anyone went near him. Chloroform maybe ?

H.H

Juniors
3 JWH
2 Friend
1 Gordon

Cornish great and I have to give a rap to guerra. He rightfully cops it but that was his best game in two years. He was outstanding in defence on burgess.

Also, I really like the look of Collins. Said the same after the Raiders game. He's one to watch next year... like the cut of his jib

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
3 points JWH- He was inspirations in this game still had some errors that could have cost us. gave away an unnecessary 5th tackle penalty and dropped it on the first tackle in the play the ball coming out of our own end. enough good to outweigh the bad though
2 points- Friend - was great just need to lay off the short kicks... even the one that was a try i'm pretty sure was for himself not a set move. long kicking game was good.
1 point- Cornish great work filing in. massive boot on him.

Latest posts