What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South American Cup

deluded pom?

Coach
This is going to be controversial but nations like Brazil, Argentina and chile etc offer more long term benefits to RL than the Pacific nations like Tonga, Samoa and Cook Islands etc ever will.
That’s a difficult one Walter. I understand where you are coming from but currently the PIs can generate the sort of crowds that will take decades for a SA country to achieve if they ever do.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
That’s a difficult one Walter. I understand where you are coming from but currently the PIs can generate the sort of crowds that will take decades for a SA country to achieve if they ever do.
Very true and I’m not for one second saying that we should drop the Pacific nations at anytime but the likes of Samoa, Tonga, the Cook Islands and maybe even Fiji are never going to host test matches on home soil and they are never going to tour because of their small populations and lack of money.

South American countries on the other hand have big to huge populations with growing economies that could oneday with investment and serious grassroots development to host and hopefully tour Europe and Australasia.

deluded pom?

Coach
I don’t see why the PIs couldn’t tour? Well do what passes for a tour in this day and age. I could see Tonga or Fiji touring the UK and possibly France.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I don’t see why the PIs couldn’t tour? Well do what passes for a tour in this day and age. I could see Tonga or Fiji touring the UK and possibly France.
I honestly can’t ever see Tonga or Fiji tour the U.K. or France due to finances. I think they are quite happy playing tests in Auckland and Campbeltown unfortunately.

Dakink

Bench
Read Colombia could only field 12 players v Brasil due to being held up in transit. Good effort then!!

yakstorm

First Grade
Argentina have defeated Colombia 28 - 16 in Round Two.

Sets up Sunday's match nicely, with winner takes all.

The Women's and B matches were unfortunately cancelled on Saturday due to delays with the Argentinian squad getting to Sao Paulo.

The Women's South American Cup, and the South American Silver Cup will be decided from just the Sunday matches.

latingringo101

Juniors
The inaugural Confederação Brasileira de Rugby League Festival in Sao Paulo has proved to be a very successful tournament for the Brazilian national team, with the side winning all four Federación Latinoamericana de Rugby League South American Cups on offer.

The tournament, which also featured a Men’s and Women’s National Nines Championship, saw the Brazilian national teams play their first ever internationals on home soil in the Men’s, Women’s and Under 17’s disciplines.

In the Men’s tournament, the Brazilian team fought back from being 14 – 20 down in their final match against Argentina on Sunday, to secure a historic 22 – 20 win and claim the final piece of silverware after the Women’s, Men’s ‘B’ and Under 17’s sides had all recorded victories over the weekend.

Men’s South American Cup:
Brazil 52 defeated Colombia 14
Argentina 28 defeated Colombia 16
Brazil 22 defeated Argentina 20

Women’s South American Cup:
Brazil 44 defeated Argentina 0

South American Silver Cup:
Brazil ‘B’ 38 defeated Argentina ‘B’ 0

South American Under 17’s Cup:
Brazil 32 defeated Argentina 4

https://www.asiapacificrl.com/2018/11/26/brazil-win-inaugural-south-american-cups/