What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southern Bears

RedVee_8

Juniors
Better 6pm east. 3pm/4pm perth. Day game in perth which brings in the fans and families and reasonable for fans for games held in sydney.

thursday 7pm fta

friday 6pm (warriors home slot)
friday 8pm (fta)

Saturday 4pm
Saturday 6pm
Saturday 8pm (fta)

sunday 2pm
sunday 4pm (fta)
sunday 6pm (perth home slot)
So… do we know what a Perth team’s preferred slot is? I am assuming they’d want to keep their home games to a consistent spot so that fans get used to them,

Perth Red

Post Whore
WA has a successionist movement with many wanting to make it a seperate country. A lot of the verbal diarrhea you post is to be expected I suppose. Once again a lot of us on here support a Perth side, I hope your Sydney hate campaign is not a common theme over th

haha 3 lunatics isn’t a movement, though I think Clive palmer may have increased their numbers.

I have no hate for Sydney, I enjoy a weekend every now and again there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So Perth Red, with a name you are not in favour of Perth, so WA, West Coast or Western would suit better ?. Just curious on your thoughts ?.
Do you think West Coast is already taken though because of the Eagles in AFL ?.
Iim not a fan of western. West coast or WA would be my preference. Dont think eagles matter tbh, every name choice is being used by some Perth club already
WC Eagles/fever
Perth Glory/scorchers/wildcats
Western Force
WA is only one not being used I think

depends on name as well
Pirates I think WC works best
Bears I think Perth sounds best
Reds I’d go WA
Quokka id use rottnest lol

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
So… do we know what a Perth team’s preferred slot is? I am assuming they’d want to keep their home games to a consistent spot so that fans get used to them,
Realistically sat or Sun night would be best. RL is played here sat daytime.aest 8pm sat or 6pm Sunday. Either wound draw the biggest crowds

MugaB

Coach
Iim not a fan of western. West coast or WA would be my preference. Dont think eagles matter tbh, every name choice is being used by some Perth club already
WC Eagles/fever
Western Force

depends on name as well
Reds I’d go WA
Quokka id use rottnest lol
West Coast is it for mine, it suits more than just Perth, it can encompass anything in Western Australia and rolls of the tongue with any mascot,
West coast reds, west coast bears, west coast quokkas, west coast poms

"perth" "W.A" isnt that good in terms of that, and will take time to get used to.

"western" isnt very direct its infact vague as shit, and might aswell call the bid "WESTS" which is just as shit

Perth Red

Post Whore
West coast is the only name the Reds weren’t clad during some iteration of the brand.

western Refs 1995
Perth Refs 1997
WA Reds 2008

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Easy, spell it with me A F L
The Storm will always get their players from NSW, QLD and the Pacific Islands.
Because they aren't playing for the Storm at the moment, doesn't mean Victoria hasn't produced NRL standard players.

The number of pro players produced is now just over 20 (which yes, is low), but the key stat is that five of those have been produced since 2020 so the pace is clearly picking up. In addition to this the Jersey Flegg and SG Ball sides are filled with Victorians. Why is this a big deal after 25 years? Because now they players produced in Melbourne are actually good enough to compete in those comps which are the best in the world at those age levels. That is a significant achievement for the game and NRL Vic.

MugaB

Coach
West coast is the only name the Reds weren’t clad during some iteration of the brand.

western Refs 1995
Perth Refs 1997
WA Reds 2008
Good, then whenever the new franchise is there they can be called West Coast Bears
20230421_135014.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
West coast is the only name the Reds weren’t used during some iteration of the brand.

western Reds 1995
Perth Reds 1997
WA Reds 200

Pneuma

First Grade
Because they aren't playing for the Storm at the moment, doesn't mean Victoria hasn't produced NRL standard players.

The number of pro players produced is now just over 20 (which yes, is low), but the key stat is that five of those have been produced since 2020 so the pace is clearly picking up. In addition to this the Jersey Flegg and SG Ball sides are filled with Victorians. Why is this a big deal after 25 years? Because now they players produced in Melbourne are actually good enough to compete in those comps which are the best in the world at those age levels. That is a significant achievement for the game and NRL Vic.
Good luck trying to convince this bloke. He hates the storm and will not listen to reason. He’s been provided with all this information but is either too stupid to understand it or too bigoted to read it.

Brian potter

Bench
West coast is the only name the Reds weren’t used during some iteration of the brand.

western Reds 1995
Perth Reds 1997
WA Reds 200
You learn something every day.

I was always under the impression that the reds were always known as the ”Perth western reds” but have now found out that they’ve never been known as the “Perth western reds” in their entire existence. lol!!!

As for any new potential NRL franchise based in Western Australia I must also admit to liking the prefix of “west coast…………”

Last edited:

greenBV4

Bench
* in my opinion

between perth, Wellington or Port Moresby my moneys on perth being the preferred choice for Australian networks!

reality is a ninth game will need a new time slot. it’s either Sunday 6pm or Monday night. The odds are Sunday night. Perth provides the perfect location for that slot. Bigger crowds, better footy and scenic sunsetting over the backdrop of the city. We got this lol
Or you keep the late arvo kick off and have it as a primetime Sunday game in the east

That and/or a late night Saturday game

greenBV4

Bench
WC Eagles/fever
Western Force

depends on name as well
Reds I’d go WA
Quokka id use rottnest lolol
Personally not a fan of a club using the state as a name, especially when it's predominately based in 1 city, I wasn't a fan of the Warriors being NZ either (and wish they would just revert fully to Auckland)

Brian potter

Bench
Personally not a fan of a club using the state as a name, especially when it's predominately based in 1 city, I wasn't a fan of the Warriors being NZ either (and wish they would just revert fully to Auckland)
I think Western Australia would get away with it seeing as though there aren’t many cities in that state.

Agree with you about the warriors 100% though.

greenBV4

Bench
I think Western Australia would get away with it seeing as though there aren’t many cities in that state.

Agree with you about the warriors 100% though.
Most (maybe even all?) "Big" clubs in domestic sports all around the world have city identifiers, and it doesn't stop people not from that city supporting them

I dont get RLs weird need to somehow make the club identifier something that appeals to everyone/multiple places

West Coast is ok, because that's kinda become synonymous woth Perth anyway, same with if the dolphins had of decided on sunshine state

But WA/Qld/NZ etc makes them sound like representative sides when they are not

Brian potter

Bench
Most (maybe even all?) "Big" clubs in domestic sports all around the world have city identifiers, and it doesn't stop people not from that city supporting them

I dont get RLs weird need to somehow make the club identifier something that appeals to everyone/multiple places

West Coast is ok, because that's kinda become synonymous woth Perth anyway, same with if the dolphins had of decided on sunshine state

But WA/Qld/NZ etc makes them sound like representative sides when they are not
It is strange but it’s not just a RL thing to be fair as super rugby has them as does the NFL and NBA etc.

Its a good mix in the NRL of city named teams and regional ones.

Latest posts