What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southern California

T-Boon

Coach
Los Angeles - San Diego area
3 hour driving radius
23 million people.
All those high school/college footballers with no code after the age of 21.

There should be a semi pro league.

T-Boon

Coach
Thats good.
I was aware there is a national comp of sorts.
However I've got no illusions about the whole country.
We should focus big time on that LA area.
I would can the national comp and make it purely LA/southern cal.

Edit: I just read the article and it sounds pretty exciting actually.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great to see the game grow. What happened to the USRL?

Edit: I had a look at their site. They're still in competition.

https://www.usarl.us/team

looks like three clubs; Boston, Atlanta and Brooklyn have moved to the NARL. USARL is an amateur comp where as this new one is professional so maybe there will be both if there is enough clubs left in USARL? Surprised Axemen haven’t gone into new comp as they seemed to be one of the strongest clubs in States?

T-Boon

Coach
the aim should be to make RL bigger than RU in the US and get some players into the major leagues (NRL, SL). Its never going to be as big as even soccer over their but it should definitely be bigger than AFL (I bet it isnt) and RU.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It had them listed under the 2021 season schedule.

who knows, they’d be playing at the same time, maybe they are big enough to have two teams in different comps? though it seems the narl has been very hastily announced and put together so maybe the defections have not been updated by the USARL yet? RL in America has been at war with itself for decades so wouldn’t surprise me if this has come as news to USARL!

RedVee

First Grade
looks like three clubs; Boston, Atlanta and Brooklyn have moved to the NARL. USARL is an amateur comp where as this new one is professional so maybe there will be both if there is enough clubs left in USARL? Surprised Axemen haven’t gone into new comp as they seemed to be one of the strongest clubs in States?
Axemen not asked.