What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths - A Disgrace

greeneyed

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Given I'm older than you and it was played in the Canberra and surrounding district when I was growing up, I'm not certain but close to it that that was where it was adopted from. It was a Channel Ten ad and started around the time the made the GF in 1987.

Incorrect. It was an advertisement used on local Canberra TV (in support of the Raiders) only AFTER it became the club song.

greeneyed

First Grade
Kris_man said:
Raiders Green Machine song:

BEST
SONG
EVER!!!

Nothing pumps me up for a Raiders game like that does. We'll HIT YA, HIT YA, HIT YA, and you'll see GREEN!!!!

Welcome back Kris!....... ohh.....

shadow grinder

First Grade
We’re bad and mean,
the GREEN MACHINE
We hit 'em hard,
so they see green
We’re big and strong,
We’re fast and mean,
That’s why we’re called the Green Machine

We’re the bad and mean
GREEN MA-CHINE
Fearsome men from the A.C.T
Don’t try to stop these men in green
Cause we’ll hit ya, hit ya, hit ya and you’ll see GREEN

Don’t want no red, don’t want no blue
Don’t want no white or orange too
There’s just one colour that’ll do
The fighting green of the Green Machine

We’re the bad and mean
GREEN MA-CHINE

We’re the bad and mean
GREEN MA-CHINE

lyrics^^^^

can hear the song here:

http://www.raiders.com.au/seas_2005/extratime/song/

Choppies

Coach
parra_panther said:
If they had "Go the mighty Bunnies, all the way", I would be deadset ropeable.

But the mighty red and green machine? OK...

nah they are thinking of this one.

Bunnie Power
We got the power of the bunnie on our side.

Beaches Boy

Juniors
Lets Get Rid of Souths! They are useless and I have had enough of them, total waste of space. Bring in the Central & Gold Coast. To think as a Manly fan I went to their protests, I really regret that now.

I was glad they were kicked out.

I though it was a bad thing they were allowed back.

What have they done in the last decade to suggest they have ANYTHING going for them?

They do nothing for the game and their biggest plus is that once.....30 years ago....they were a good club with a great history.

Now, they are a joke. If the league kicked them out tommorrow no one would care and the league would be stronger for it.

Bumble

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
I was glad they were kicked out.

I though it was a bad thing they were allowed back.

What have they done in the last decade to suggest they have ANYTHING going for them?

They do nothing for the game and their biggest plus is that once.....30 years ago....they were a good club with a great history.

Now, they are a joke. If the league kicked them out tommorrow no one would care and the league would be stronger for it.

Well this is lovely.

An online shop rips off a song, and Souths should be kicked out of the league again. I doubt that noone would care if we were kicked out tommorow, idiot.

And for the record....EVERYONE knows "Glory Glory To South Sydney"

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Bumble said:
And for the record....EVERYONE knows "Glory Glory To South Sydney"

I doubt Souths fans do.

They haven't sung it very often on such a long time, I reckon they'd have forgotten the words by now.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ralph's season Preview called it nicely saying something simulur too:

South Sydney - the team that can draw more to a reinstatement rally then an entire season worth of crowds

Pride of the league - HA!

Bumble

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Ralph's season Preview called it nicely saying something simulur too:

South Sydney - the team that can draw more to a reinstatement rally then an entire season worth of crowds

Pride of the league - HA!

Ralph - The authority on league now?

If that magazine didn't have titties noone would buy it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bumble said:
Ralph - The authority on league now?

If that magazine didn't have titties noone would buy it.

but it does have titties and i brought and happened to think that was a fair enough call too.

MattJ

Juniors
God, never have i seen such a blown out of proportion over reaction, 1 spastic in the marketing department makes a crap looking shirt and try and sell it by using the words to that song in a crappy online advertisment and souths should be kicked out of the league. Its not the club song, in fact we have something much worse, Russell Crowes version of the real thing has been played when the team runs out this season, but we all try our hardest too sing glory glory over the top of it, as the fans will always regard that as our one and only true club song.

Raider_69

Post Whore
MattJ said:
God, never have i seen such a blown out of proportion over reaction, 1 spastic in the marketing department makes a crap looking shirt and try and sell it by using the words to that song in a crappy online advertisment and souths should be kicked out of the league. Its not the club song, in fact we have something much worse, Russell Crowes version of the real thing has been played when the team runs out this season, but we all try our hardest too sing glory glory over the top of it, as the fans will always regard that as our one and only true club song.

my sympathys to you and yours whom have to endure a Russell Crowe song

MattJ

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
my sympathys to you and yours whom have to endure a Russell Crowe song

we dont have too worry about anyone wanting too rip that off, thats for sure

Latest posts