What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths chasing the sig of Fillman Tibbet

BPS

Juniors
Up here in Gods' own country the rumours just won't go away that our signing supremo CEO Richardson is making a play for an exciting young second rower Fillman Tibbet.

Fillman has been in the Broncs junior ranks for the past 2 years and Souths have him lined up as a direct replacement for Heggarty.

Although he is only 18 Tibbet is a promising backrower with speed and size to burn. He has always wanted a crack in the backs but he has been so punishing in the back row no coach has ever bothered to give him the opportunity.

I know a friend who works with Fillmans dad and evidently Souths tried to lure him there last year but the thought of playing under Wayne Bennett kept him at the Broncs. But now Bennett has gone Souths have renewed their efforts and it looks like him signing is just a formality.

He'll be big enough and fast enough for 1st grade but one wonders if Fillman can make the change to winger fast enough to start there by round one?

If there was a choice between signing Fillman Tibbett or Steve Turner I'd go with Tibbet anyday because he has Turners speed but is built like Matt King.

I'll keep you informed if I hear anything

Franko

Juniors
He sounds like an exciting prospect. Fingers crossed. I certainly wouldn't knock back Steve Turner either. Very handy player.

Franko

Juniors
Up here in Gods' own country the rumours just won't go away that our signing supremo CEO Richardson is making a play for an exciting young second rower Fillman Tibbet.

Fillman has been in the Broncs junior ranks for the past 2 years and Souths have him lined up as a direct replacement for Heggarty.

Although he is only 18 Tibbet is a promising backrower with speed and size to burn. He has always wanted a crack in the backs but he has been so punishing in the back row no coach has ever bothered to give him the opportunity.

I know a friend who works with Fillmans dad and evidently Souths tried to lure him there last year but the thought of playing under Wayne Bennett kept him at the Broncs. But now Bennett has gone Souths have renewed their efforts and it looks like him signing is just a formality.

He'll be big enough and fast enough for 1st grade but one wonders if Fillman can make the change to winger fast enough to start there by round one?

If there was a choice between signing Fillman Tibbett or Steve Turner I'd go with Tibbet anyday because he has Turners speed but is built like Matt King.

I'll keep you informed if I hear anything

I just had a look on the Broncos website and he isn't even a member of their National youth cup squad. That can't be good if he's supposed to be that good.

Brisbane Broncos squad is always outdated, i checked it throughout last year and it didn't have some of their current players at the time. Either that or souths have madwe a major play at him already.

BPS

Juniors
The Bronco's have about 3 youth squads going all the time. The players are sprinkled around certain clubs throughout Brisbane and country Qld.
That is why they can pick players from nowhere and no-one has ever heard of them and they perform. They start grooming and signing them up here from 14 onwards

Franko

Juniors
Nothing comes up on Google when you google him either. Not that means much but i thought his name might have appeared on a footy report or previous Bronco news or junior rep side reports or something.

BPS

Juniors
yea you're right??

I can't explain that. All I know is that there has been a healthy buzz about him up here for a while now.

Nemesis

Bench
If playing under Bennett kept him at the Broncos, why wouldn't he prefer to play under Bennett at the Dragons rather than Souths and why wouldn't they sign him?

MattJ

Juniors
Thanks for the tip BPS, nice of you to share, please tell more if anything else comes your way rumour wise.

If playing under Bennett kept him at the Broncos, why wouldn't he prefer to play under Bennett at the Dragons rather than Souths and why wouldn't they sign him?
Interesting point you have there Nem. Maybe souths by giving away hegs that this tibbet bloke has relised he has the potential to play down here. My guess he will be int eh U/20's squad because there just isnt a spot in our backline for him at the moment.

Origin2Wide.gif

TONIGHT'S do-or-die State of Origin match at Suncorp Stadium will be preceded by two high-quality curtain-raisers, featuring Queensland underage teams up against New South Wales and PNG opposition.

Gates open 4.15pm, with QLD Under 19 Maroons playing the PNG Kundus at 4.30pm and QLD Under 17 facing NSW Under 17 at 6.05pm.

The main game of course gets underway at 8pm, live on the Nine Network and replayed later in the evening by Fox Sports.

Updated teams listed below.

XXXX QUEENSLAND MAROONS
v New South Wales Wizard Blues
Kick-off: 8pm

1. Karmichael HUNT
Brisbane Broncos
2. Brent TATE Brisbane Broncos3. Justin HODGES Brisbane Broncos
4. Steven BELL Manly Sea Eagles
5. Adam MOGG Canberra Raiders
6. Darren LOCKYER (c) Brisbane Broncos
7. Johnathan THURSTON North Queensland Cowboys
8. Steven PRICE New Zealand Warriors
9. Cameron SMITH Melbourne Storm
10. Petero CIVONICEVA Brisbane Broncos
11. Nate MYLES Bulldogs
12. Carl WEBB North Queensland Cowboys
13. Dallas JOHNSON Melbourne Storm

14. Shaun BERRIGAN Brisbane Broncos
15. Chris FLANNERY Sydney Roosters
16. Sam THAIDAY Brisbane Broncos
17. Jacob LILLYMAN North QLD Cowboys
Coach: Mal MENINGA

NEW SOUTH WALES WIZARD BLUES

1. Brett HODGSON Wests Tigers
2. Matt KING Melbourne Storm

3. Mark GASNIER St George-Illawarra Dragons
4 Timana TAHU Parramatta Eels
5. Eric GROTHE Parramatta Eels
6. Braith ANASTA Sydney Roosters
7. Brett FINCH Sydney Roosters
8. Willie MASON Bulldogs
9. Danny BUDERUS (c) Newcastle Knights
10. Brent KITE Manly Sea Eagles
11. Steve SIMPSON Newcastle Knights
12. Nathan HINDMARSH Parramatta Eels
13. Andrew RYAN Bulldogs

14. Luke BAILEY St George-Illawarra Dragons
15. Mark O’MELEY Bulldogs
16. Steve MENZIES Manly Sea Eagles
17.Craig WING Sydney Roosters

Coach: Graham Murray

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

QUEENSLAND UNDER 17
v New South Wales under 17
Kick off: 6.05pm

1. Chris SANDOW South East
2. Galu TE'O South East
3. Ben JONES South East
4. Israel FOLAU South East
5. Michael CUMMINS South East
6. Ben CRONIN South East
7. Luke CAPEWELL South East
8. Zac HENRICKSON Wide Bay
9. Joel ROMELO South East
10. David HALA South East
11. Kevin PROCTOR Southern
12. Travis MARSHALL Central
13. Shaun COTTER South East

INTERCHANGE
14. Martin KENNEDY Southern
15. Fred TILA South East
16. Billy ROGERS Wide Bay
17. Gerard TIBBETTS South East

As you can see i found a Gerard Tibbetts but thats about it

http://www.qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=1873

Franko

Juniors
Origin2Wide.gif

TONIGHT'S do-or-die State of Origin match at Suncorp Stadium will be preceded by two high-quality curtain-raisers, featuring Queensland underage teams up against New South Wales and PNG opposition.

Gates open 4.15pm, with QLD Under 19 Maroons playing the PNG Kundus at 4.30pm and QLD Under 17 facing NSW Under 17 at 6.05pm.

The main game of course gets underway at 8pm, live on the Nine Network and replayed later in the evening by Fox Sports.

Updated teams listed below.

XXXX QUEENSLAND MAROONS
v New South Wales Wizard Blues
Kick-off: 8pm

1. Karmichael HUNT Brisbane Broncos
2. Brent TATE Brisbane Broncos3. Justin HODGES Brisbane Broncos
4. Steven BELL Manly Sea Eagles
5. Adam MOGG Canberra Raiders
6. Darren LOCKYER (c) Brisbane Broncos
7. Johnathan THURSTON North Queensland Cowboys
8. Steven PRICE New Zealand Warriors
9. Cameron SMITH Melbourne Storm
10. Petero CIVONICEVA Brisbane Broncos
11. Nate MYLES Bulldogs
12. Carl WEBB North Queensland Cowboys
13. Dallas JOHNSON Melbourne Storm

14. Shaun BERRIGAN Brisbane Broncos
15. Chris FLANNERY Sydney Roosters
16. Sam THAIDAY Brisbane Broncos
17. Jacob LILLYMAN North QLD Cowboys
Coach: Mal MENINGA

NEW SOUTH WALES WIZARD BLUES

1. Brett HODGSON Wests Tigers
2. Matt KING Melbourne Storm

3. Mark GASNIER St George-Illawarra Dragons
4 Timana TAHU Parramatta Eels
5. Eric GROTHE Parramatta Eels
6. Braith ANASTA Sydney Roosters
7. Brett FINCH Sydney Roosters
8. Willie MASON Bulldogs
9. Danny BUDERUS (c) Newcastle Knights
10. Brent KITE Manly Sea Eagles
11. Steve SIMPSON Newcastle Knights
12. Nathan HINDMARSH Parramatta Eels
13. Andrew RYAN Bulldogs

14. Luke BAILEY St George-Illawarra Dragons
15. Mark O’MELEY Bulldogs
16. Steve MENZIES Manly Sea Eagles
17.Craig WING Sydney Roosters

Coach: Graham Murray

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

QUEENSLAND UNDER 17
v New South Wales under 17
Kick off: 6.05pm

1. Chris SANDOW South East
2. Galu TE'O South East
3. Ben JONES South East
4. Israel FOLAU South East
5. Michael CUMMINS South East
6. Ben CRONIN South East
7. Luke CAPEWELL South East
8. Zac HENRICKSON Wide Bay
9. Joel ROMELO South East
10. David HALA South East
11. Kevin PROCTOR Southern
12. Travis MARSHALL Central
13. Shaun COTTER South East

INTERCHANGE
14. Martin KENNEDY Southern
15. Fred TILA South East
16. Billy ROGERS Wide Bay
17. Gerard TIBBETTS South East

As you can see i found a Gerard Tibbetts but thats about it

http://www.qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=1873

Interesting to note 4 of that team are already playing at a good level in the NRL.

What was the NSW side?

Latest posts