What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Fan's Banner

mightyboy

Juniors
I could have sworn they showed a banner being held by souths fans on Friday night that said...

SOUTHS
YOUR
DOING US
PROUD

I only saw it for half a second, and perhaps I misread it. Did anyone else see it, and was it really spelled the way I thought it was? If so. Big LOLs from me.:crazy:

Anyone confirm or deny? Did I simply misread it before it disappeared off screen? I hope not :cool:

Meth

Staff member
I don't really get it

I know it should be 'you're'- is that what this is about?

So a kid makes up a banner to show some support for his team and he / she makes a spelling mistake. You then smash them for it on the internet?

:clap: Nice work!

Meth

Staff member
Someone at the Warriors v Storm game had a sign 'Billy Slater is a c**k'- they showed it on the TV apparently

mightyboy

Juniors
I don't really get it

I know it should be 'you're'- is that what this is about?

Yes, just laughing about the grammar. I mean, it's one thing to get it wrong, but it's another to spend a few hours or more making a banner that you're going to show off to tens of thousands and STILL getting it wrong. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Doesn't seem too hard to get it right.

So a kid makes up a banner to show some support for his team and he / she makes a spelling mistake. You then smash them for it on the internet?

:clap: Nice work!

As above. I'm just having some fun with it. I could be totally wrong, I only saw it for a brief moment and may have misread it. I am not confident, hence asking the question.

I applaud them for making the banner, and I LOL if they made a mistake.

Someone at the Warriors v Storm game had a sign 'Billy Slater is a c**k'- they showed it on the TV apparently

I saw that, it definitely happened. The camera was zooming in on the crowd celebrating and went nice and close on a crappy cardboard and black marker sign. It wasn't super easy to read, but when the camera got close it clearly showed the text as you wrote above.

The camera cut away quickly, but not before I LOLed!

gUt

Coach
Yes, just laughing about the grammar. I mean, it's one thing to get it wrong, but it's another to spend a few hours or more making a banner that you're going to show off to tens of thousands and STILL getting it wrong. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Doesn't seem too hard to get it right.

As above. I'm just having some fun with it. I could be totally wrong, I only saw it for a brief moment and may have misread it. I am not confident, hence asking the question.

I applaud them for making the banner, and I LOL if they made a mistake.

I saw that, it definitely happened. The camera was zooming in on the crowd celebrating and went nice and close on a crappy cardboard and black marker sign. It wasn't super easy to read, but when the camera got close it clearly showed the text as you wrote above.

The camera cut away quickly, but not before I LOLed!

You must mean on TV right?

Meth

Staff member
I'm surprised the Telegraph hasn't picked this story up

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Surely a parent can educate their kid if it was a kids banner. Pretty embarrassing for anyone who passed Year 2 English.

Eels Dude

Coach
Who gives a s**t? You saw the banner for half a second and you picked up on a potential spelling error and thought it was funny and worth a thread. Now that's taking the term grammar policeman to a whole new level. That's pretty sad really. During your half a second view did you also notice if there was a comma after Souths or not? Perhaps you should be employed in security at games where you can check banners spelling and grammar before they're allowed to be taken into the ground.

Scorpio30

Bench
Who gives a s**t? You saw the banner for half a second and you picked up on a potential spelling error and thought it was funny and worth a thread. Now that's taking the term grammar policeman to a whole new level. That's pretty sad really. During your half a second view did you also notice if there was a comma after Souths or not? Perhaps you should be employed in security at games where you can check banners spelling and grammar before they're allowed to be taken into the ground.

Yeah..."Lets see....no sharp objects....apostrophes's in the correct spot...in ya go".

Vic Mackey

Referee
if its a souffs fan im surprised they spelt 'us' right

i bet they wrote it in think black artline so they could sniff the sign all game.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
you probably should spell check you're banner before you actually paint it up. yeah i know i used the wrong one.

Latest posts