What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Fan's Banner

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I could have sworn they showed a banner being held by souths fans on Friday night that said...

SOUTHS
YOUR
DOING US
PROUD

I only saw it for half a second, and perhaps I misread it. Did anyone else see it, and was it really spelled the way I thought it was? If so. Big LOLs from me.:crazy:

Anyone confirm or deny? Did I simply misread it before it disappeared off screen? I hope not :cool:

I think it was Souths Forever sh*t is our Sandow

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
f**king hell they got the first 2 words wrong
1. Souffs
2. You're

3/5 is 60% though which is about 43 percentage points higher than what souffs fans get in their kindergarten potato painting exams. The BER is bearing fruit

For the average Souths fan, kindergarten is the toughest 5 years of their life.

Perth Red

Post Whore
the big issues in the game - spelling and punctuation on banners! The sooner we get an IC to sort this out the better.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
btw, i'm amused at the irony here. in this very thread title, there's an apostrophe where one probably shouldn't be.

Eels Dude

Coach
You can argue the use of the apostrophe is warranted. The banner belonged to the Souths fan.

But it could have belonged to more than one Souths supporter. The OP just made an assumption. He/ She should have titled his/her thread "Souths fan's or fans' banner" just to cover all avenues. After all we really need to crack down on this for the future of rugby league and the NRL.

saintania

Juniors
I saw the banner and had a laugh. What more do you expect of a Souths fan?

The incorrect use of 'your' and 'you're' annoys me. I wish parents and teachers would spend more time teaching these simple concepts to their children. It is not difficult to understand with a little bit of time and effort.

mightyboy

Juniors
Another funny thread. I started two threads here today and it seems people just want to debate and argue about pointless things. I think I'll go back to lurking and just watching footy.

Just to clarify... I'm not trying to be an arsehole. I don't care. I am amused when people make simple grammatical errors in public. To spend potentially hours on a banner and get it wrong like that is funny. If you don't find it funny your probably not the sort of person to notice the irony in this very sentence. The joke's on you :)

As for the title of this thread, I did spend a moment thinking about what I was actually trying to say, and therefore where I should place the apostrophe. It is correct.

As for the person pointing out that my use of the word LOLing (and similar) is embarrassing, that's fine for you to say. I actually say it like that because I believe it highlights, enhances and most accurately portrays the manner in which I am enjoying myself when thinking of the Souths fan's error.

Finally, I'm not perfect, and I never professed to be. In fact, I used to occassionally make the same mistake with your and you're... but then I grew up... and decided it's really not that hard to get it right, and it makes you look so much more intelligent. If you can't get it right just yet, spend a moment doing some study, and get it right for the rest of your life. It's really quite simple.

Sound it out in your head, are you trying to say 'your', or 'you are'?

Cheers, and thanks for the LOLs.

Latest posts