What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths fans calling us chokers

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I hope so.

Posted elsewhere but here are the teams:

Us

Coach: Steve Price

1. Darius Boyd
2. Ratu Peni Tagive
3. Mark Gasnier
4.Matt Cooper
5.Jason Nightingale
6. Nathan Fien
7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Dan Hunt
9. Cameron King
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Matt Prior
14. Michael Greenfield
15. Trent Merrin
16. Jake Marketo
16. Nick Emmett
18. Jack Bosden
19. Bronx Goodwin
20. Jon Green
21. David Gower
22. Daniel Penese
23. Adam Cuthbertson
24. Mitch Rein
25. Peter Cronin
26. Nathan Jones

Them

1 Rhys Wesser 2 Fetuli Talanoa 3 Junior Vai Vai 4 Dylan Farrell 5 Chris McQueen 6 John Sutton 7 Chris Sandow
8 Scott Geddes 9 Beau Falloon 10 Roy Asotasi 11 Eddy Pettybourne 12 Shannan McPherson 13 Ben Lowe

Interchange: Malcolm Webster, Kane Morgan, Josh Mansour, Matt Mundine, Adam Reynolds, Dave Tyrrell, Adrian Ha'angana

Willow

Assistant Moderator
FMD, how many lineup changes did we have?

Better for a more sensible thread but very impressed with the amount of cross depth on display.

Boyd to five eighth and Goodwin at fullback worked a treat.

Oh yeah... poor 50uff$.

Galeforce

Bench
good trial game and no injuries , i am happy souths treated as a trial and rested players across the park. Saints forward replacements looked more impressive than Souths replacements.

konk4

Juniors
Saints Roll on. 2010 Dejavu sports fans. What a disgrace the South,Homebush,Perth side is. Looks like another long year for the transit lounge club. Saints without their halves Sowie and Hornby as well as missing Scott, Young and Morris made light work of that joke club, again. Why do people talk them up at the start of each year. Losing is entrenched into that club. They won`t make the 8 again. That will be 10 out of the last 11 years missing the finals. I get embarresed watching them. They simply aren`t up to a first grade competition. Get rid of them again I say. Their home games have more empty seats than occupied ones anyway.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Saints Roll on. 2010 Dejavu sports fans. What a disgrace the South,Homebush,Perth side is. Looks like another long year for the transit lounge club. Saints without their halves Sowie and Hornby as well as missing Scott, Young and Morris made light work of that joke club, again. Why do people talk them up at the start of each year. Losing is entrenched into that club. They won`t make the 8 again. That will be 10 out of the last 11 years missing the finals. I get embarresed watching them. They simply aren`t up to a first grade competition. Get rid of them again I say. Their home games have more empty seats than occupied ones anyway.
What are you talking about konk4, they're no club.

Stagger Lee

Bench
So has Wayne seen anything in bunnyland worth coaching today?

50uths are as bad as their fans, and that says something.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
but but but...

poor souffs were without burgess and inglis.... surely they would have made the score closer...

maybe 32-14...

of course, we add back in our premiership halves, young, scott & morris, and we have 50uffs back to where they should be...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Rabbits were without Ingli$... repeated 50 times. Yep, 50.

How could they be without someone who hasn't played for them yet?

The Fox pre-game show was embarrassing. 25 minutes devoted to 50uff$ and Ingli$ - we should be grateful that we got a five minutes interview with Jamie Soward who spoke about the Indigenous All Star game.

At one point the Fox anchor said, "we'll be doing an in depth analysis of the Dragons soon... but first, more about Greg Ingli$..." FMD, I waited and sat through it. Went to the fridge and that took 30 seconds, so I must have missed the Dragons review.

You'd swear there was only one team playing yesterday. Oh well... they certainly rose to the hype.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
At one point the Fox anchor said, "we'll be doing an in depth analysis of the Dragons soon... but first, more about Greg Ingli$..." FMD, I waited and sat through it. Went to the fridge and that took 30 seconds,

and they say subliminal advertising doesn't work..

KiamaSaint

Coach
The Rabbits were without Ingli$... repeated 50 times. Yep, 50.

How could they be without someone who hasn't played for them yet?

The Fox pre-game show was embarrassing. 25 minutes devoted to 50uff$ and Ingli$ - we should be grateful that we got a five minutes interview with Jamie Soward who spoke about the Indigenous All Star game.

At one point the Fox anchor said, "we'll be doing an in depth analysis of the Dragons soon... but first, more about Greg Ingli$..." FMD, I waited and sat through it. Went to the fridge and that took 30 seconds, so I must have missed the Dragons review.

You'd swear there was only one team playing yesterday. Oh well... they certainly rose to the hype.

Yes, but it was their grand final.

KiamaSaint

Coach
The highlight of my day so far was watching the sports highlights on Today and have Ben Fordham state "The Dragons have retain the Charity Shield...". A reasonable mistake to make, it is hard to believe Souths has won anything.

big pat

Coach
BUT FIRST, MORE ABOUT GREG INGLI$, don't be too harsh on ingli$ is very big over at souffs, and they have to fit all of him in.

CCJames

Juniors
but but but...

poor souffs were without burgess and inglis.... surely they would have made the score closer...

maybe 32-14...

of course, we add back in our premiership halves, young, scott & morris, and we have 50uffs back to where they should be...

With 8 key first grade players out, I think u can well and truly call the Charity Shield a trial.. Dont get too carried away

big pat

Coach
it wasn't a trial game last week, when some guy gerp or jerp can't remember, was preaching how souths were going to smash us.