What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths reach their first grand final in 40 years.

Swarzey

Bench
Nah. With Stewart back, he'll bring what Manly lacked to beat the Roosters and what Manly lacked to blow the Sharks off the field. On top of that, we find ourselves in the same position as last year with Souffs one win away from the Grand Final.....and they choked.

'97 rematch is on the cards.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The souffs team this year is vastly better than last year's model. But it's hardly a lay-down miserre. Manly are no slouches. Should be a cracking match.

DC_fan

Coach
Manly are exhausted. Souths will win next week, as to will the Roosters. It will be the grand final that league fans have been craving for.

Loudstrat

Coach
Manly are exhausted. Souths will win next week, as to will the Roosters. It will be the grand final that league fans have been craving for.
Yeah, like I crave getting my testicles stuck in a vice.

Right now the most interesting sides left are Manly and Newcastle.

bottle

Coach
Counting chickens and hatching come to mind.
Manly are under no pressure. They have all the excuses in the world if they need them. Nothing to lose.
Souths, all the pressure, all the expectation, no excuses. Everything to lose. They are carrying a forty two year burden as well.

The mind is a funny thing, even the collective one.

bottle

Coach
Im gonna take a wild guess and postulate that something has been posted in the wrong thread.

Just an inkling in my water.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Souths are a better team then Manly personel wise at Club level

but there are elements at play here that will make this Grand Final qualifier a different kettle of fish

forget this .. Manly will be exhausted crap
with Brett Stewart at Fullback
( even though I think Hiku has been a revelation) they will be a vastly improved team & they know whats what at this time of year in these big games , their team is chocked full of seasoned professionals who have played with injury & exhaustion & won ... many times over the last 6 years.

Souths know everyone except maybe diehard Manly fans expect them to make their first big dance in 42 years
that weight of expectation will be huge ... it will add massive extra pressure to their players well above a club game or even a week one final.

will the bunnies be startled rabbits in headlights

we'll know about 9.30pm next Friday :cool: