What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Sign Dave Taylor - Yaa Hoo

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
If the figure of $270k per season is correct then I believe we have paid too much to sign him.

While Taylor may show all the potential in the world he is yet to prove that he is a consistent 1st grade player.
Reportably $250K not $270K and remember he has only just turned 19 and should improve heaps under our conditioners!

Mr Saab

Referee
Whats the difference between Souths conditioners and th Broncos? Dean Benton is no mug. He is prob the highest qualified conditioner in the NRL.
IF the signing is 100% then its a good pick up (alot of denials thus far) but not for 250k.
If he was a 50 min player yes, but he struggles to play 20 mins.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Whats the difference between Souths conditioners and th Broncos? Dean Benton is no mug. He is prob the highest qualified conditioner in the NRL.
IF the signing is 100% then its a good pick up (alot of denials thus far) but not for 250k.
If he was a 50 min player yes, but he struggles to play 20 mins.[/quote]"The Redfern Air" will lift him to extroadinary heights Haa Haa :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave Q

Coach
Mr saab is a useless wanker who should be banned from LU.

You lost a good player, so sucked in, now piss off you stupid braindead asshole.

Agree. Broncos have the best facilities in the NRL and their trainers are at least the equal, if not the envy of any team in the comp.

Tallis may have been a factor though. I reckon if Webcke had have stuck with the Bronc's, it wouldn't have made such a difference, but he didn't so we definitely have a small advantage there.

If he was a 50 min player yes, but he struggles to play 20 mins.

I can't think of a 19 year old Front Rower who plays 50 minutes in the NRL, can you?

250k is definitely a bit of an investment in potential. As I mentioned in another thread on the same subject, the only way to work out if this is a good signing or not is to have a look at him in 2 years time.

He shows all the trademarks of a young bloke who will be much better at 22 then he is at 19. Personally, I think that by the time he hits 25, this bloke will be a Superstar. In saying that, a lot could happen between here and there.

If the NRL reduce the number of interchanges next year and we get to the point where we need to get 60 consecutive minutes out of Prop Forwards again, then Taylor could turn out to be the biggest lemon of all time.

At the moment, its a lot of conjecture. From what I understand, we offered $250k a year and the Bronco's offered $200k. There obviously has to be a premium involved to get a bloke with a young family to leave his Junior club and home state so at this point I reckon $250k is about right. Whether that is a good investment or not, only time will tell. I'm happy for Souths to take that sort of a gamble. Sure beats paying overs for 35 year olds and hoping they still have two or three good years left in them, which is where we were at a few years ago.

Dave Q

Coach
Agree. Broncos have the best facilities in the NRL and their trainers are at least the equal, if not the envy of any team in the comp.

Tallis may have been a factor though. I reckon if Webcke had have stuck with the Bronc's, it wouldn't have made such a difference, but he didn't so we definitely have a small advantage there.

I can't think of a 19 year old Front Rower who plays 50 minutes in the NRL, can you?

250k is definitely a bit of an investment in potential. As I mentioned in another thread on the same subject, the only way to work out if this is a good signing or not is to have a look at him in 2 years time.

He shows all the trademarks of a young bloke who will be much better at 22 then he is at 19. Personally, I think that by the time he hits 25, this bloke will be a Superstar. In saying that, a lot could happen between here and there.

If the NRL reduce the number of interchanges next year and we get to the point where we need to get 60 consecutive minutes out of Prop Forwards again, then Taylor could turn out to be the biggest lemon of all time.

At the moment, its a lot of conjecture. From what I understand, we offered $250k a year and the Bronco's offered $200k. There obviously has to be a premium involved to get a bloke with a young family to leave his Junior club and home state so at this point I reckon $250k is about right. Whether that is a good investment or not, only time will tell. I'm happy for Souths to take that sort of a gamble. Sure beats paying overs for 35 year olds and hoping they still have two or three good years left in them, which is where we were at a few years ago.

You cant agree with someone who knows less about football than Matty Johns knows about chastity.

African Monkey

First Grade
No i understand its an honest mistake.
i just know that its from talking off the top of his head.
Yes you're right. Appin's a good guy though. Anyway, I do hope that he does fulfill his potential though because the kid has talent. I'm not convinced on the signing atm especially on the amount he's about to receive but I do hope to be proven wrong.

lewiscook

Juniors
Yes you're right. Appin's a good guy though. Anyway, I do hope that he does fulfill his potential though because the kid has talent. I'm not convinced on the signing atm especially on the amount he's about to receive but I do hope to be proven wrong.

mate tbh,
i think its a great signing, the kid has endless potential.
you have certainly got the right guys around the club to help taylor as well in the likes of lang and tallis.
i see the rabbits having a pretty awesome forward pack next.

MaroniteMilitia

Juniors
This kids got some amazing wraps on him, Webke, Petro, Bennett & Tallis have all talked up his skill in the past, so we can only hope he ends up in red & green.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Sorry Boys read somewhere else wher he was 19 and about to turn 20

Dave Taylor

Summary

Vital Statistics

Born Friday, 8th July, 1988 Current Age 20 years and 309 days Place Of Birth Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia Career Statistics

To view a list of corresponding matches, click on the
b.gif
icon.
Club Career

TeamYearsAppTGFGPtsWLD Australian League MatchesBrisbane2006-09344--1617161
Your Say

murraymob

Coach
someone needs to tell the broncos ceo taylor has signed.He was just on the news saying he spoke with taylors manager and was told he had not signed

Mr Saab

Referee
You cant agree with someone who knows less about football than Matty Johns knows about chastity.

I have forgotten more about league than you know....but its ok, you keep the good fight going for the bogan sths supporters.
Different kind of rabbit is able to debate the issues, you on the other hand want to give Crag Wing your blessings...you are one messed up supporter.

Dave Q

Coach
I have forgotten more about league than you know....but its ok, you keep the good fight going for the bogan sths supporters.
Different kind of rabbit is able to debate the issues, you on the other hand want to give Crag Wing your blessings...you are one messed up supporter.

I dont forget people who are stalkers and bullies like you.

So piss off back to where you came from you weak prick.

And dont come back.

Actually Dave, Saab came in here with an informed oppinion and nothing personal yet you jumped all over him. Like myself Saab has moved on from the little feud we had eons ago same for you to do the same.

I was actually enjoying reading everyones oppinion until your little rant would be nice if you manned up and apologised for the unprovoked attack then we can get back on topic.

Actually Baron, I support Dave to an extent on this one. Saab has come here with many an unprovoked attack in the past and probably deserves to be hammered in this forum.

If he comes to talk Footy, I will talk Footy others on here like Dave have a longer memory and have been attacked much more often than I have so I can understand him getting personal straight off the bat.

To each their own I guess.