What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Sign Dave Taylor - Yaa Hoo

Don't think he will be a Yak replacement. Imo Taylor will be a bench impact player for the first year or so that he is with us. I don't think he is built to play 60 minutes. He will be best used in 20 minute blocks off the bench.

If you think about the guy at the moment, what motivation does he have to play well? He is on the outer for signing with us so he is not going to be a regular first grader at the Bronco's for the rest of this year no matter how well he plays. Plus he has already signed the contract with us so he isn't exactly playing for his future. Probably best he plays for the Commets for our interests. Lower impact and he is getting longer minutes so he should come to us in relatively good shape. Next year, he will have plenty more motivation at his new club.

boo_boo

Juniors
I suppose my admiration for Peter Cusak has no limits & i was devastated when it was announced he was leaving.
It hard to think that Taylor will be bought just as a bench player but it's a 17 man games these day's so who knows.

Sugar

Bench
I suppose my admiration for Peter Cusak has no limits & i was devastated when it was announced he was leaving.
It hard to think that Taylor will be bought just as a bench player but it's a 17 man games these day's so who knows.
The loss of Cusack cost us big time last year.

I was livid when he left and posted my thoughts about our mistake and the impact of losing the Yak.
I got laughed at........Our pack softened the minute Yak left

Fein

First Grade
That's right Sugar.
We have never recovered.
Another Richo masterstroke.

Seriously, f**k off you Piggins loving merkin.

You know f**k all about why Yak left because if you did, you wouldn't post such a stupid remark.

Otherwise, every man and his f**king Labrador except you, know the reason why.

What does that tell you, you dumb merkin? :roll:

Franko

Juniors
Taylor was excellent last night. Potentially the best forward since Ian Roberts but not sure he is our answer. We have shut the cheque book and that scares me.

Nickmm

Juniors
Taylor was excellent last night. Potentially the best forward since Ian Roberts but not sure he is our answer. We have shut the cheque book and that scares me.

If South dont buy a few no names that can do the hard yards then Taylor will be wasted at Souths. He was good tonight but had plenty of support, i dont think he will have that support at Souths.
JT if still there next year will use him as a battering ram.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
As I said in our voting thread from last night's game, the amount of improvement in Dave Taylor is scary. We were crazy to allow another club the chance to secure his signature. Our loss, your gain. Whilst Big Dave has unlimited potential to go with his massive frame, I really hope the coaching staff at Souths ensure his full potential is realised. It would be such a waste if that were not to happen.

Ivan Henjak will hopefully leave the kid in first grade now no matter where is playing in 2010 ;-)

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
As I said in our voting thread from last night's game, the amount of improvement in Dave Taylor is scary. We were crazy to allow another club the chance to secure his signature. Our loss, your gain. Whilst Big Dave has unlimited potential to go with his massive frame, I really hope the coaching staff at Souths ensure his full potential is realised. It would be such a waste if that were not to happen.

Ivan Henjak will hopefully leave the kid in first grade now no matter where is playing in 2010 ;-)
Thanks mate for posting in our thread you are a thorough Gentlemen and agree with what you have said.

glory glory

Juniors
You can guarantee JT will coach the offloads out of him. He will be under the same instructions as Roy. Take the ball 1 off the ruck and don't pass. He will be a battering ram.

badav

Bench
He showed what he could do last night when he shows a bit of desire. He will be one of the most damaging players in the game when he hits his peak.

JW

Coach
I'm a big fan of Dave's and it was awesome to finally see him back to his best, but good god he's a tough one to pick. As shown on Friday night, he certainly doesn't lack ability. His problem though has always been his poor attitude and lack of application.

Honestly, he's one of those blokes who'll have an absolute screamer one week, then just play for match payments for the next six - which is a sad waste of potential. Even Wayne Bennett, one of the best 'people-managers' in the game and the bloke who put so much effort and faith in Dave, couldn't get the desired result out of him and often sidelined him in similar fashion to what Henjak has done so far this year.

Unfortunately to date, Dave's performances overall have been pea-hearted, and he is often flat out catching his breath after a single hit-up. However, when he applies himself and shows the level of desire that he should at NRL level, he is deadset close to unstoppable and can even deliver some decent minutes.

I'm counting on him to perfom well for the rest of the season for us as we desperately need some back-up in our front row, however for you lot it's a lottery. Same old Dave means a lot of wasted coin. Wake him up and get his attitude right and you'll have yourself one heck of a young destructive prop whose best years are still well ahead of him. I hope all you Bunnies supporters get to enjoy the later.

By the way, I see JT's very popular around these parts, lol.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I'm a big fan of Dave's and it was awesome to finally see him back to his best, but good god he's a tough one to pick. As shown on Friday night, he certainly doesn't lack ability. His problem though has always been his poor attitude and lack of application.

Honestly, he's one of those blokes who'll have an absolute screamer one week, then just play for match payments for the next six - which is a sad waste of potential. Even Wayne Bennett, one of the best 'people-managers' in the game and the bloke who put so much effort and faith in Dave, couldn't get the desired result out of him and often sidelined him in similar fashion to what Henjak has done so far this year.

Unfortunately to date, Dave's performances overall have been pea-hearted, and he is often flat out catching his breath after a single hit-up. However, when he applies himself and shows the level of desire that he should at NRL level, he is deadset close to unstoppable and can even deliver some decent minutes.

I'm counting on him to perfom well for the rest of the season for us as we desperately need some back-up in our front row, however for you lot it's a lottery. Same old Dave means a lot of wasted coin. Wake him up and get his attitude right and you'll have yourself one heck of a young destructive prop whose best years are still well ahead of him. I hope all you Bunnies supporters get to enjoy the later.

By the way, I see JT's very popular around these parts, lol.
I'd agree with all that. Ridiculous amount of potential, but so far he's shown no real signs that he will live up to it.

Like I said in the Broncos forum, I compare him to Dane Carlaw. Massive amount of pure ability (even more than Carlaw), but also a massive lack of desire. At first I thought that it was a lack of confidence, perhaps a lack of belief that he could perform to his usual QRL level in the NRL. But he's been given quite a few chances now without any change, which indicates it's more a lack of desire to do the hard work. If it's the former, then his match on Friday might just be the spark he needed to start a brilliant career. If it's the latter...well, hopefully Tallis can impart some agression into him.