What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths signing Roosters Players

I have a question:

Why do Souths sign Roosters' players?

If they hate the Roosters so much, everything they stand for and every player they have ever had, why sign their players?

Why make them Captain? I can think think Fletcher and Cusack as passed captains.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I have a question:

If they hate the Roosters so much, everything they stand for and every player they have ever had, why sign their players?

Why make them Captain? I can think think Fletcher and Cusack as passed captains.
What did they pass?

dogslife

Coach
But Souths taking Bryan Fletcher off their hands allowed them to sign Brandon Smith.

Silver linings and all that.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
I have a question:

One could say the same about Craig Wing the other way.

Although it was NRL/News Limited stupidity that was the reason Wing left Souths in the first place.

Fangs

Coach
I've heard the Walker brothers are already signed, sealed and delivered to the Roosters in 2023. That is providing the Roosters can find grounds to sack Trent Robinson.

Or as the French say, Mettre Fin.

skeepe

Immortal
I have a question:

You mean like Luke Keary, Angus Crichton, Joseph Suaalii?

Oh wait.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
What did they pass?
I have a question:

because my learned friend. Never ever forget that the world will always default to lol@souffs

wazdog

Juniors
Exactly, but the Roosters don't have a book of feuds and voice their utter disgust of Souths as much as Souths do.

The Book of Feuds was a bit of theatre that Russell put out when he and Holmes a Court took over the club back in 2007 and were trying to build membership. There's a chapter for every club. The Roosters used to drive the hate quite a lot on social media in the lead up to the derbies, however, they would regularly get burnt by our social media team so backed off.

What I do love is how Politis came out last week and claimed that they were a development club and have modelled themselves off Barca. If I take a quick look at their current lineup:

Conor Watson, Nat Butcher, Egan Butcher, Joseph Sualili, Paul Momirovski and Billy Smith all played juniors with the Bunnies.

Plus there's Luke Keary who debuted with us post high school rugby. I won't count Angus Chricton as he apparently tripped over at a Roosters training once before joining us full time.

Last edited:

10$ Ferret

Staff member
The book of feuds was not just a bit of theatre. Souffs fans take it seriously and its pathetic. I know someone that helped write the thing.
No one has a sense of self importance like souffs, looks like they are heading back to the bottom 8 where they belong and can sit there colouring in their little book,

LOL@souffs

Latest posts