What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths team for Round 1 - unofficial

Galeforce

Bench
wow after watching the game against STG , some really tough decisions for the coach.
My team

Inglis - easy
Merritt - tough to drop Goodwin , however Merritt has more speed and may have scored 3 against STG.
Farrell - showed enough and will be fitter
Champion - was strong in defence
Everingham - was solid , however he may be under pressure from Goodwin and perhaps Buckett later.
Sutton was strong , later he should be under pressure during the season from either Keary or Walker ( both impressed and will need to be somewhere in the team by end of season)
Reynolds defence was strong , general play was OK , however if Keary can prove his defensive game , Reynolds may be under pressure by end of year. Keary appears to have a better passing and running game.
Crocker ( will definitely be under pressure by end of year from the younger forwards)
Teo
Sam B
Lima
Luke
Asotasi

Bench is tough

Lowe , George B , Clarke , McQueen

unlucky Peats and Tyrrell

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Lima gets a start without a trial?
McQueen in the back row, Lowe to 18th man Peats and Tyrell in

Big Sam

First Grade
I think Lima's still injured. I'd go:

Inglis
Merritt
Farrell
Champion
Everingham
Sutton
Reynolds
Sam Burgess
Luke
Asotasi
McQueen
Te'o
Crocker (C)

Peats
George Burgess
Clark
Keary

Bow_rider

Juniors
wow after watching the game against STG , some really tough decisions for the coach.
My team

Inglis - easy
Merritt - tough to drop Goodwin , however Merritt has more speed and may have scored 3 against STG.
Farrell - showed enough and will be fitter
Champion - was strong in defence
Everingham - was solid , however he may be under pressure from Goodwin and perhaps Buckett later.
Sutton was strong , later he should be under pressure during the season from either Keary or Walker ( both impressed and will need to be somewhere in the team by end of season)
Reynolds defence was strong , general play was OK , however if Keary can prove his defensive game , Reynolds may be under pressure by end of year. Keary appears to have a better passing and running game.
Crocker ( will definitely be under pressure by end of year from the younger forwards)
Teo
Sam B
Lima
Luke
Asotasi

Bench is tough

Lowe , George B , Clarke , McQueen

unlucky Peats and Tyrrell

Wow some massive predictions, especially about Keary and Walker. I think we need to see more than the 15 minutes in each trial that they both got, which was at the back end of the game when all the intensity was gone.
I think peats is a certainty for the bench.
Crocker to the bench.
I think you will find Buckett will be more used as a edge second rower as the year goes. Don't think he will be looked at as a winger.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
I think Lima's still injured. I'd go:

Inglis
Merritt
Farrell
Champion
Everingham
Sutton
Reynolds
Sam Burgess
Luke
Asotasi
McQueen
Te'o
Crocker (C)

Peats
George Burgess
Clark
Keary

Bench - Lima, Clarke, Tyrell and Peats. Burgess in for Lima if still out but club said should be right for rd1.

Last edited:

pierced

Juniors
Everyone in the team faces discipline or being dropped except the one 5/8 in the NRL who kicks a ball like Anthony Mundine throws a punch. And both seem to be straight up Russel Crowe's colan. What the F is Maguire's caper. The moment Reynolds is missing Souths will be a big pack and GI running into a 30 -0 margin. If John Sutton a quality back rower has learnt to kick a f#ckin football I stand corrected.

Big Sam

First Grade
And the anti-Sutton crusade begins for another year...

We've had this debate a million times and we always end up with the same answer - Sutton is the best 6 at the club, Keary and Reynolds is too small a halves combination anyway, and GI will not be moving from fullback to five eighth.

And the anti-Sutton crusade begins for another year...

We've had this debate a million times and we always end up with the same answer - Sutton is the best 6 at the club, Keary and Reynolds is too small a halves combination anyway, and GI will not be moving from fullback to five eighth.

Agreed 100%.People forget Sutton was instruemental in our success last season,culminating in him achieving the George Piggins medal,player of the year.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Would be a surprise to see Lima in the team for round one.
Considering he has had no game time in the trials I think Madge would prefer to see him in Reggie's for a week or so first.
I'd go with Tyrell in the front row.
He won't let us down . Had some good stats if I remember a post at the end of last season.
Burgess can then drop into the back row.