What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward 4 year deal

darkbloom

Juniors
A 4 year deal at 28!! For a reasonable player. wow.

Watching the dragons game the other day I wondered why Gus was talking up Soward so much.

Last edited:
Please oh please get Keary, Williams or Milford..

2014 is shaping up as a solid season! Still so much footy to play this year, hopefully the end of nigh for the passengers like Walsh, Ciraldo, Newton and Tighe.

Iafeta

Referee
I'd keep the faith in Ivan. He hasn't had much cattle to work with in the halves. Soward coming will definitely boost you, Austin is a more natural five eighth and Soward partnering him will take a lot of pressure off him. The young fella, is it Moylan? I think he's your future fullback, which will allow Whare to go into the centres full time.

R&BB is right, if Walsh, Ciraldo, Newton and Tighe are gornskis and you get one or two more good players, IMO you'll have a very good team. Mansour, Soward, your props, young Austin, Moylan, you have a tacklebot in Taylor, Manu's a good ball runner, its a good squad Gould and Cleary are putting together. Thats why I think Ivan is a perfect fit for you, because he is patient, but when he pulls it together it can be electric.

darkbloom

Juniors
Didn't we extend Walsh's contract just before this season started. So pissing him off will mean he has to get paid out for what remains of his contract.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
No I am pretty sure Walsh and Tighe were extended at the beginning of last year, Iafeta like your thinking there and I agree about IC and Gus. Very strong rumors about Carney as well.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Please oh please get Keary, Williams or Milford..

2014 is shaping up as a solid season! Still so much footy to play this year, hopefully the end of nigh for the passengers like Walsh, Ciraldo, Newton and Tighe.

Dream about it, Milford still has a year to run on his contract and Sam Williams is now our starting half, and with no dugan, we've got plenty of money to keep him.

Very confident both Milford and Williams will be in lime green long term.

Players come and go, like the other dude who got all emotional when I mentioned Keary.. Nothing's certain. Evidence is Panthers letting go of Lewis and Jennings while still contracted.. Anyone can be released for whatever reason. Panthers offered 5.3 mil for Thurston. I'd say this Soward deal takes up 40% of that $$ leaving 60% for a player like Williams or Keary or Carney or Milford etc etc thats alot of cash and definitely overs for anyone especially young unproven halves. Except Carney. Those players see that sort of $$ I guarantee you their managers will be asking for a release the next morning.

taxidriver

Coach
6. Rangi Chase, 7. Josh Drinkwater

Nah you will probably get Carney and Dugan...and they'll be out of the league again by round 13. Self-induced Cruisers.
:lol: probably right

im confident we have someone signed

from the dragons website

As has been speculated for some time, we are in a strong position regarding recruitment but we have never been interested in speculating. When we have a number of matters finalised we will communicate appropriately,” added Doust

I know he is full of shit and should be a politician but surely he isnt that stupid!!!!

p.s - congrats Panthers, i for one am sorry to see him go

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
Congrats, will try his heart out and put in for your club. Great guy and he makes so many people mad.