What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward 'needs to earn' new Dragons deal

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I'm thinking somewhere around 200-250K unless he plays Origin which could drive his price up.

If Soward continues his form for the first 5-10 rounds of the comp this year... He'll be worth at least 250k, 280k more likely. You just have to look at the deals Campese and Pearce signed not too long ago.

As said before, Ayoub doesn't undersell his clients, Soward would be one of the hottest properties on the market this year if he maintains some form.

I fear he could go for 300k if we leave it to around round 10 before we sign him up.

watatank

Coach
Yeah that was too conservative. He will probably want this contract to be his biggest one and we will have to pay him accordingly...and he does deserve it. hopefully it's not too much. what we do have in our favour is that his last contract would've been relatively small and he wants to stay and continue to improve under Bennett.

woodley_11

Juniors
He seems very loyal to the Saints thankfully. However I think he can see a bit of competition with Stanley and Henry coming through the junior ranks. That might be why he still feels the need to continue to prove himself to Bennett. Either way, it is a great attitude to take into the new season.