What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaking to O'Hara last night

raider_at_heart

Juniors
I was speaking to O'Hara last night at key Largo in terrigal and i first asked if he is staying on next year and he said he didnt know. He didnt say he wanted to but yeh, then i said you must be spewing about missing the year with the injury and he just shrugged his shoulders as if he didnt care.

I mentioned how good the win was and he didnt know what i was talking about cause i said 'we'so that was pretty funny.

Then i saw him later on hooking up with some seedy chick. :lol:

raider_at_heart

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
On a scale of 1-10, how seedy are we talking? Could ya give any comparisons?

She looked pretty bad from where i was sitting and there was a lot of her.

Didnt look young either. id say 2/10

edabomb

First Grade
Shocker, pretty stupid letting a good young forward talent go.

PS: I'm back

cooba

Juniors
If what you say is true that he didn't know the score on Saturday night then its good riddance. It's important that the club only commit themselves to players that care about the club as much as the ardent supporter.At the Roosters game this particular player was more interested
in chatting on his mobile, waving to some friends in the grandstand, while a great game was going on behind his back.

Bojo

Juniors
sounds to me like he just was not interested in talking to supporters at that time...

but hey could be wrong.. just wouldnt try to analyse that too much if it is the case.

Chachi

Bench
If this is true I think our money would be better spent elsewhere (and I don't think he's even a remote chance of staying anyway). I don't care how "disappointed" you are about an injury...if you don't even know or care how your own team is going when you're off injured then it's adios in my books. :evil:

I'd like to know if he's been out to any schools or done any PR or development work while he's been off recovering. I think the managment maybe looked at the "big picture" of his contribution to the team when giving him their offer and I for one support that direction 100%.

raider_at_heart

Juniors
i spoke to him at the same place at new years and both times he was nice and willing to have a chat. Soo maybe thats his way of dealing with the injury and he seems like a pretty laid back guy.

Hopefully he does stay.

BAY72

Juniors
I'd like to know if he's been out to any schools or done any PR or development work while he's been off recovering. I think the managment maybe looked at the "big picture" of his contribution to the team when giving him their offer and I for one support that direction 100%.
this is a valid point but not one to throw back on any player. it's not like the players actualy get up and say "hey I want to go and talk to school kids"
It'll never happen.
it's once again Management that would be responsible for this, and I for one have been debating this point for the last few years. I am 25 now, but when I was in School in Canberra we had players come in and promote themselves the game and one year a shit Flavour of Lime Milk.
point is that they were out there. but not any more. I strongly believe that the players (especilly injured or suspended) NEED to be out there promoting the game and themselves and once again becoming roll models to all young Canberra kids not just some of them.

Chachi

Bench
BAY72 said:
...and one year a sh*t Flavour of Lime Milk.
Yeah, those were the days! The Raiders could have sold anything back then! F@#k that stuff was crap... :lol: :lol:

But seriously though - I obviously agree about players needing to promote the game and for management to encourage it. Not sure who to "blame" here I suppose but at the end of the day these guys are getting paid a lot of money and are old enough to get off their arse and do something constructive if they're not able to play...

That's my take on it anyway. ;-)

Brimmer

Juniors
Take a look at Dean Widders boys...

Hey does a lot for the community and he doesn't do it because "he has to".

Football players of today have a commitment to their club and therefore their fans and the grass roots.

If you are injured, I think it should be compulsory to help the team in other ways. I mean, if you get injured, rehibilitation is obviously the first priority but it's not as if they stop getting paid.

Latest posts