What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special Rates for Families This Saturday

Parra Steve

Juniors
Special Rates for Families This Saturday

As little as $34 will get family of four through the gates at Saturday’s vital NRL clash between the Pirtek Parramatta Eels and New Zealand Warriors at Parramatta Stadium.

The Eels have this afternoon released a special range of family friendly prices across all ticket categories, from the general admission north and south terraces to the high end Ken Thornett Stand.

Two adults and two children, when sitting together, will gain entry for a price the equivalent of two normal adult tickets.

It means a family ticket to see the Eels play the Warriors will cost just $34 in the north and south terraces, $40 in the eastern terrace, $44 in the western terrace, $66 in the Mick Cronin Stand and $70 in the Ken Thornett Stand.
“This is a really important game for us and we really need as many Eels fans to get along as possible,” Eels Chief Executive Officer Paul Osborne said.

“The guys really lift in front of our home crowd and it’s just the edge we’ll need this week against the Warriors.”
“When we can, we want to make it as affordable as possible for families so it doesn’t break the budget every time they want to come along and support us.”

The special family tickets are available at Ticketek outlets, including Parramatta Leagues Club, or through www.ticketek.com.au.
A Ticketek box office surcharge will apply to all tickets purchased at the game.

SPECIAL FAMILY PRICES – EELS V WARRIORS*
Parramatta Stadium, Saturday 15 August 2009

Ken Thornett Stand: $70
Mick Cronin Stand: $66
Western Terrace: $44
Eastern Terrace: $40
Northern Terrace: $34
Southern (Family) Terrace: $34
Available at all Ticketek outlets, online at www.ticketek.com.au, or at the game.
*Ticketek Box Office surcharge applies to tickets purchases at the ground on match day.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=19254

Parra Steve

Juniors
Playing an out of country team doesnt help. Great to see the club being active with trying to get people into the gate on saturday night rather than just sitting on their hands and accepting a 5k crowd.

Hellsy

Immortal
This is a wonderful idea, regardless of poor sales or anything other contributing factor.
Taking advantage of a situation like this by offering cheaper tickets is a great incentive to all Parra (and NZ) fans that were umm-ing and ahh-ing about going.

Great stuff!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hellsy

Immortal
Ozzie is so family orientated :D :D
I don't have a young family of my own but I am beaming with pride at having this gentleman in charge and bring back all the things I remember as a kiddie :D :D

bartman

Immortal
Great idea, people have been crying out about the cost of family tickets to the footy for some time.

Fee

Juniors
I don't have a young family of my own but I am beaming with pride at having this gentleman in charge and bring back all the things I remember as a kiddie :D :D

I do have a family of my own and I too am very proud of having Ozzie at our club, by the way you know you can borrow some of my kiddies any time you want , they really like you Hellsy.:D

Parra

Referee
It is a great initiative. But Saturday night at the footy is not really a family-friendly time or a family-friendly crowd.

Friday & Saturday nights are get-on-the-piss and cheer occasions. And these are an integral part of the game.

Sunday afternoon, 3pm is the best time to take your kids to the game - and it was on display last Sunday with the terraces full of kids. Those wanting a beer start at the game and can kick on after. At night matches people kick off drinking in the pub or clubs and then continue at the game. Different atmosphere, different crowd.

Haynzy

First Grade

It's fantastic and i too am stoked that he's in charge .....

Without trying to start a war..... It's just a bummer he's not in charge of the leagues club too cos it'd be great to be able to have a family friendly club to meet up at before or after games.

Parra

Referee
We drop into the Tingha palace before the matches - but that is as far as I want my kids, or any kids for that matter, to go as far as the leagues club goes.

Clubs and pubs are not family-friendly venues, and it is a farce to try and make them so. The club is for drinking and gambling. Kids should be at least at arms length, if not further, from this. It's good for the kids, and it lets the club patrons relax as well.

Hellsy

Immortal
I do have a family of my own and I too am very proud of having Ozzie at our club, by the way you know you can borrow some of my kiddies any time you want , they really like you Hellsy.:D
Hmmm..... let me think..... :-k :-k :-k :-k

Captain BF

Juniors
Great promotion by the club. It seems like the new board are trying things. There will be some that fail.

Fee

Juniors
Great promotion by the club. It seems like the new board are trying things. There will be some that fail.

Well at least we have someone who is willing to give it a go. I would rather have that than not giving it a go at all. Im sure this is pretty foreign to most of the Parra fans, actually trying new things what a great concept.:sarcasm:;-)

Captain BF

Juniors
Well at least we have someone who is willing to give it a go. I would rather have that than not giving it a go at all. Im sure this is pretty foreign to most of the Parra fans, actually trying new things what a great concept.:sarcasm:;-)
It is good isn't it. I look forward to seeing what they do (if anything) with season tickets and the supporters club. Should be interesting...

bartman

Immortal
Yep, I'm looking forward to the much vaunted Eels member car stickers, so there's something to compete with all those white rabbits out there... :thumn

Latest posts