What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speeding question

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Moffo, who are you trying convince... yourself or the audience?

All you're doing is proving that you really are a terrible liar.

gorilla

First Grade
supersoniceagle said:
As we know, the right hand lane on the roads is the overtaking lane. I've heard that going over the speed limit in this lane is allowed when you are overtaking. Is this true? If so by how much?

I found it quite strange but a few people have said that's the law. I personally don't see why anyone should be allowed to go over the limit

Old-ti,ers might recall that back in the 1960s, there was a 'provision', not sure if law, that enabled drivers to speed (above the limit) to overtake a car.

Drivers had about 100 - 200 yards to overtake and slow back down.

The fact now lives on in myth.

This thread is quiet amuzing, i've read it in 1 hit from right back on page 1 or 2.

Talk about a thread tearing festival It created enough ticket-tape parade for the next 10 years....

Don't worry Timmoh, i read your initial thread and saw where you were coming from, the army just felt like picking it.

And i found in my little time here that picking at a thread is a fun thing to do in this forum.

There is no acceptable right reason to speed, if you speed you may get caught. If you speed and are not caught then lucky you.It's like using a dangerous power tool, if the fear of getting hurt by it subsides then you may just get to cocky with it...

I always have that fear inside me when driving, i've been hurt several times badly from people who apparently don't have it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My #1 fear is being involved in an accident, I'm always tense when I'm driving for that reason.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Johnsy, I reckon it's one best left alone...

As for the diatribe further above, if you think some cops don't take some liberties with the powers they're given, then you're quite sadly naive. I'm not suggesting all do it, not by a long shot... but some do and they deserve to be named and shamed. Unless they're actively performing a duty there is no reason for them to break the rules any more than the average citizen.

_Johnsy

Referee
Timmah

I would have hoped one persons experience, good or bad, would have enough intelligence not to assume all people are the same based on that experience. There is always 2 sides to a coin as I explained to you.

_Johnsy

Referee
Not at all furry. I disagree with him. I just do ot see the point in getting into a slanging match. The mods can replace the priginal text if they wish.

[furrycat]

Coach
Which they can't do.

You don't want to get into a slanging match with "MADUNIT IS A f**kING DEADsh*t" in your signature? Nice.

_Johnsy

Referee
My sig has nothing to do with a slanging match. It was in response to a poster who said exactly the same thing to me twice in a thread, yet told me it was not a personal attack, but yet you have an issue when I have exactly the same sentiments in a sig ?

A forum member alluded to a situation (without going into any great detail). I thought it was best to edit the post to save an ugly slanging match.

Is that ok with you, or do I need to run it past you first ohh great one ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Moffo, do you recall how upset you used to get when you were caught out telling fibs?

Latest posts