What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split camp

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I am hearing that the Dragons are in a huge mess at the moment as there are 2 camps in the sheds. There is a mob that want De Belin around and others that don't want anything to do with him which is killing morale. It is understandable if you have a guy that is charged with a serious crime to be around your players. What would your missus, parents, mates think if you hung around a guy that had a serious charge laying over him? But then again if you have been mates with the guy for a while and feel he is innocent you want him around for his own mental health. It is a tough situation to be in that is for sure. I am hoping it is not that but that could explain a few things.

Does anyone know if this is true or just a rumour?

If so Mary should have addressed this ages ago. But hey, why would he, this is his excuse for the end of the year when the fail to make the 8. Geez I hope the new contact he signed has a clause in the clubs favour that states if the team finishes below 10th they can sack him with no termination compensation.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This is why the stand down is a good idea..

Frees the accused up to prepare for their defence, avoids awkward situations for the others..

But for it to be effective he needs to be stood down from all duties, including training..

Tripper

Juniors
I have been told that certain players are not to be mingle with others as its having an impact on their performance.Two are SOO players.
Go figure.

BLM01

First Grade
Rumours Rumours....and more Rumours and rifts...it all happens when your losing especially after a poor showing.
And the JDB excuse thing is getting overdone and overplayed.
Players get over all that crap when take the field and happened months ago.
The only rumour i want to hear is one like the Garth Brennan one

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
With respect to all these “ I have heard “ comments , they equate to jack-shat and that is about the only thing that is factual - perhaps we should leave this one to the media hyenas as that is their living .

I have heard from reliable sources that McGregor can't coach and the coach himself has proven it ....
.............so there!

Gareth67

First Grade
If only facts were reported on this forum there'd only be around 3 posts per year

I realize that Lethal 25 , however this , at least in my books is different in as much it’s presumably player against player . Not a good thing when based purely upon innuendo .

RedVDragon

Juniors
Doesn’t surprise me. JBD was a huge loss. No doubt however he should have been asked not to step foot at training until he was found not guilty
I also understand there is a moral split particularly with some of the player wives who have sided with JDB partner. This has had an effect on the team.
The problem is thy McIdot hasn’t been strong enough to make a decision. He is a puppet of a coach and cannot show any leadership other than crap comments like we can still win the comp.

possm

Coach
I am hearing that the Dragons are in a huge mess at the moment as there are 2 camps in the sheds. There is a mob that want De Belin around and others that don't want anything to do with him which is killing morale. It is understandable if you have a guy that is charged with a serious crime to be around your players. What would your missus, parents, mates think if you hung around a guy that had a serious charge laying over him? But then again if you have been mates with the guy for a while and feel he is innocent you want him around for his own mental health. It is a tough situation to be in that is for sure. I am hoping it is not that but that could explain a few things.

Does anyone know if this is true or just a rumour?

If so Mary should have addressed this ages ago. But hey, why would he, this is his excuse for the end of the year when the fail to make the 8. Geez I hope the new contact he signed has a clause in the clubs favour that states if the team finishes below 10th they can sack him with no termination compensation.
Our CEO delared a gap year in reference to the poor team performance. This indicates the Board is not going to count this year as a fail for Mary.

Latest posts