What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**Spoiler** Frank the Tank

KiamaSaint

Coach
With forward passes it is all about which way the hands go not whether it is actually floats forward or not. Now I think that rule is ridiculous. But if you are going to have that rule for forward passes then surely it should be the same for knock on. That ball by Frank Pritchard looked to be propelled forward and only went backwards because it was only due to Hunt's run.

Didn't shape the outcome of the game and I have no problem with it being rewarded a try but I hate the inconsistency.

Packy

Bench
I liked the bit where the ball didn't go forward and you wanna call it a knock forward.

ek999

First Grade
I actually liked the bit where he wrote a paragraph complaining about a decision and then said he had no problem with the decision

Jason Maher

Immortal
You try throwing a ball while running at full pelt that won't float forward. The rule is the way it is because of a little fact of physics known as momentum.

Apey

Staff member
With forward passes it is all about which way the hands go not whether it is actually floats forward or not. Now I think that rule is ridiculous.

Agreed.

We should ban passes when sprinting forwards.

KiamaSaint

Coach
So clearly everyone missed the point. Frank's intention was to rip the ball out of Ben's hands towards the Bulldogs tryline . It is only because of Hunt's momentum that the ball went the other way. That is the inconsistency I am talking about but anyway carry on.

Bovrick

Juniors
So clearly everyone missed the point. Frank's intention was to rip the ball out of Ben's hands towards the Bulldogs tryline . It is only because of Hunt's momentum that the ball went the other way. That is the inconsistency I am talking about but anyway carry on.

I guess it's the same as when a player scuffs up catching a kick but the ball goes behind them (towards their own try line). The catcher only added momentum in the direction of the opposition tryline, but the ball went backwards.

You have a point though with the inconsistency. Forward passed are based on the direction thrown; knock ons judged on the direction the ball ultimately goes. Doesn't seem quite right. IMO it should be momentum based for both - meaning Pritchard's rake would be a knock on as he pulled it in the knock on direction.

Snappy

Coach
I opened the thread thinking it would be about how tough he was pushing Wallace in the back whilst he was walking away.

#disappointed

Danish

Referee
Personally I think one on one strips should be treated like charge downs and not thus not counted as knock ons even if they do go forward. Would save a whole heap of discussion and IMO give a just reward for someone making a great defensive play

KiamaSaint

Coach
Personally I think one on one strips should be treated like charge downs and not thus not counted as knock ons even if they do go forward. Would save a whole heap of discussion and IMO give a just reward for someone making a great defensive play

That makes a great deal of sense.

spitfire

Juniors
Yep, I've always thought this. Never quite understood how it can count as a knock on against you if the opposing player has the ball and you strip it - he is the one that's meant to maintain control of the ball, not you :?

Jason Maher

Immortal
Momentum? How does tht work considering the Earth IS FLAT!?

Last I checked, the earth's surface is curved. And I don't think momentum means what you think it means.

Agree 100%.