What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler Parra - Tits

jayjayselmes

Juniors
we have 2 halfback in the halves so lets look at it which offers more

Finch
1. Kicks
2. Chases his own kicks with guts and determination
3. Runs the line and doesnt mind geting belted at some stages
4. Can tackle most of the time
5. Played 3 Origin games

Smith
1. Kicks........................... hmmmmm........... that is all

Agent Mulder

Bench

Finch
1. Kicks
5. Played 3 Origin games

Smith

I think Tim Smith was brought back far too early, The Finch-Mateo combo was working fine.

WA Eel

Juniors

Finch
1. Kicks
5. Played 3 Origin games

Smith

Finch
6. Passes the ball to men who are running onto the ball because he tends to be moving forward when he passes the ball.

Smith
2. Passes the ball the players standing flat footed because noone knows what he wants to do. They just hang around him so he has someone to give the ball to rather than get tackled himself.

Ant

Juniors
Well some over-reacting as usual. To be honest I thought we were ten times better than last week. If we had been sitting on 4 wins going into that match we would not be so critical of the team at the moment. We were beaten in a close games by a side who is going very well and has probably the current best player in the comp. Last week was rubbish this week was a tough loss.
I thought Scott Prince was the difference and it was one of those games where little things became big things.

The Scott Prince 40-20 was huge. The kick where Grothe didn't make it out. In general the kicking game and general play from Prince was what got the titans home. He is the best going round at the moment and showed it.

I thought our boys were a lot better, they got stuck in early on and at other periods in the match. I thought the senior forwards (starting pack were a lot better). Robinson added heaps but his fitness fell away at end. Cordoba has gone well this year as well.
I worried a little going into the season about the loss of Ian Hindmarsh, he was hard man defencively. The likes of Weller and Paulo they can run the ball strongly at times, and hit hard at times, but in general their speed around the ruck is too slow. These guys are 23 and 25 years old and need to find their feet in top grade very quickly, because while I see good things I also see why they have played mainly lower grades. I think at the moment the way they are going one or two of the 20s forwards will get a shot mid season.

Going forward I see plenty of positives. Thought Fui was a lot better, the rest of the pack can still improve but better. Chad was great. Think that was our starting pack along with Cordoba and Keating off the bench. Just need 2 guys to cement the last 2 bench spots.

Outwide well still rusty, but better from Tim than last week. Finch has been good all season but lacks true class in the skill department. Outside backs well Grothe was awesome with his runs and then displayed a few Grothisms as well.
Luke Burt I wonder, I have always liked the variety he offers in terms of kicing options, support play and chasing kicks. But I wonder at full strength does our best side have Hayne at fullback with Inu and smith at centres. Hayne just didn't get in the game tonight. Either reddy or tt on other wing.
Burty has good attributes but he just lacks and physical strength, once a finger is laid on him its all over, and despite having plenty lacks dynamic speed. If you compare to other lightweight fullbacks with kickng games, Hodgson, Bowen, Preston, they are all smaller but seem to look a chance of breaking the line returning the ball at times. Burt never does even with a scattered defence. I've always liked him because i think he's a smart footballer but he maybe his limitations are too great in the overall mix of our backline.

But I still think overall an improvement.

For once Ben Ikin made a telling point about our lack of players in motion it was painfully obvious at times. Thats a coaching staff one for mine.

Fair dinkum if anyone is seriously happy with the season to date then you are very easy to please.
Very poor start to 2008 with the roster we have.
Sure the Titans are in great form but we had 8 more penalties a lot in good field position and could score more than 3 tries! It reminds me of the Western Suburbs sides of the '80's who got the wooden spoon more times than I can remember, they were quite often on the right end of the penalty count but just could score points due to lack of direction in the halves.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I dont think we should feel to bad that we lost at home to the Titans, about half of them used to call Parramatta home.

Id also like to see Finch at half and Smith at 5/8 but have Timmy still run the play like Brad Fittler used to and Braith Anasta is now. It wont suprize me if next week is Tim Smiths last chance because Hagan really liked the Finch/Mateo combo.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Well some over-reacting as usual. To be honest I thought we were ten times better than last week. If we had been sitting on 4 wins going into that match we would not be so critical of the team at the moment. We were beaten in a close games by a side who is going very well and has probably the current best player in the comp. Last week was rubbish this week was a tough loss.
I thought Scott Prince was the difference and it was one of those games where little things became big things.

The Scott Prince 40-20 was huge. The kick where Grothe didn't make it out. In general the kicking game and general play from Prince was what got the titans home. He is the best going round at the moment and showed it.

I thought our boys were a lot better, they got stuck in early on and at other periods in the match. I thought the senior forwards (starting pack were a lot better). Robinson added heaps but his fitness fell away at end. Cordoba has gone well this year as well.
I worried a little going into the season about the loss of Ian Hindmarsh, he was hard man defencively. The likes of Weller and Paulo they can run the ball strongly at times, and hit hard at times, but in general their speed around the ruck is too slow. These guys are 23 and 25 years old and need to find their feet in top grade very quickly, because while I see good things I also see why they have played mainly lower grades. I think at the moment the way they are going one or two of the 20s forwards will get a shot mid season.

Going forward I see plenty of positives. Thought Fui was a lot better, the rest of the pack can still improve but better. Chad was great. Think that was our starting pack along with Cordoba and Keating off the bench. Just need 2 guys to cement the last 2 bench spots.

Outwide well still rusty, but better from Tim than last week. Finch has been good all season but lacks true class in the skill department. Outside backs well Grothe was awesome with his runs and then displayed a few Grothisms as well.
Luke Burt I wonder, I have always liked the variety he offers in terms of kicing options, support play and chasing kicks. But I wonder at full strength does our best side have Hayne at fullback with Inu and smith at centres. Hayne just didn't get in the game tonight. Either reddy or tt on other wing.
Burty has good attributes but he just lacks and physical strength, once a finger is laid on him its all over, and despite having plenty lacks dynamic speed. If you compare to other lightweight fullbacks with kickng games, Hodgson, Bowen, Preston, they are all smaller but seem to look a chance of breaking the line returning the ball at times. Burt never does even with a scattered defence. I've always liked him because i think he's a smart footballer but he maybe his limitations are too great in the overall mix of our backline.

But I still think overall an improvement.

For once Ben Ikin made a telling point about our lack of players in motion it was painfully obvious at times. Thats a coaching staff one for mine.
mate if you are happy with this display then we are f**ked.

Agent Mulder

Bench
And what round do you think these overpaid imposters should pull their finger out of the arse and show a bit of pride in the jumper.

Stop worrying even with Smithy was in charge the team always started slow, You'll see by the end of the season we will be sitting the top 4, We just have too much talent not to be.

Ant

Juniors
mate if you are happy with this display then we are f**ked.

I didn't say I was thrilled, but I was saying it was marked improvement and against strong opposition that were in form and led by the current best player in the comp.

Last week we were rubbish across the board with the possible exception of Hindy.

I was trying to add some balance, now I know many don't like this sort of rational talk that doesn't involving dumping half the side and replacing them with 24 year old long term reserve graders or 20 year old untested players.

But its funny its the same every year, because for whatever reason we have often started poorly. We have some of the most critical fans in the league, its a shame for the players that Brian Smith is no longer here because he was the scapegoat.

Some players are unfairly targetted as well. I mean the guys who made crucial misses that led to tries last night. Hindy did it twice, misread the play for the cannings and friend tries. Yet haven't heard a bad word about him this morning. Hayne made a massive blunder missing Preston who went 60 metres, Prince scored next play. Yet we all know that most of our scapegoat hunters wouldn't touch those 2. Hayne was rubbish for the first 10 weeks last year but hardly anyone criticised him.

Look Tim Smith isn't at his best, but he was better last night. He did some well placed kicks he is obviously easing himself back into the team and does lack some confidence. No he is not the complete player, but he actually tried running a few times last night. He has more try assists than just about any player in the comp. The simple fact is he is the best we have at the moment.
Unless a scott prince or thurston arrives on the scene.

The players I was most critical of in the long term last night were Weller and Paulo. They lack speed in the ruck, and unless they make a dominant hit the are a real liability at marker. I mean to show the worst of it, after the preston break Weller who had no involvement in that play was a mile last getting back to defencive line, prince picked him out to scoot by.

So am I thrilled no, did I think it was an improvement yes, no doubt. Thats what you need to look for. Do we have room for more improvement god yes, but we have 2 guys with class (smith, inu) to return and a couple of guys like t.smith and robbo who need a few runs.

What I don't feel is the need to write a side off that lost against the team running equal 1st and showed massive improvements from last week.

miniHINDY

Juniors
The Eels are overrated this year, I've said it from the start.

oh well, at least they tried their best.

Bigfella

Coach
But its funny its the same every year, because for whatever reason we have often started poorly. We have some of the most critical fans in the league, its a shame for the players that Brian Smith is no longer here because he was the scapegoat.

Some players are unfairly targetted as well. I mean the guys who made crucial misses that led to tries last night. Hindy did it twice, misread the play for the cannings and friend tries. Yet haven't heard a bad word about him this morning. Hayne made a massive blunder missing Preston who went 60 metres, Prince scored next play. Yet we all know that most of our scapegoat hunters wouldn't touch those 2. Hayne was rubbish for the first 10 weeks last year but hardly anyone criticised him.

Look Tim Smith isn't at his best, but he was better last night. He did some well placed kicks he is obviously easing himself back into the team and does lack some confidence. No he is not the complete player, but he actually tried running a few times last night. He has more try assists than just about any player in the comp. The simple fact is he is the best we have at the moment.
Unless a scott prince or thurston arrives on the scene.

The players I was most critical of in the long term last night were Weller and Paulo. They lack speed in the ruck, and unless they make a dominant hit the are a real liability at marker. I mean to show the worst of it, after the preston break Weller who had no involvement in that play was a mile last getting back to defencive line, prince picked him out to scoot by.

So am I thrilled no, did I think it was an improvement yes, no doubt. Thats what you need to look for. Do we have room for more improvement god yes, but we have 2 guys with class (smith, inu) to return and a couple of guys like t.smith and robbo who need a few runs.

What I don't feel is the need to write a side off that lost against the team running equal 1st and showed massive improvements from last week.

Some excellent points mate. Well said.