What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*SPOILER* That kick-off...

Tom Shines

First Grade
The touchie got it right.

• When the kick off is taken, Tim Grant is dead on the half way line.
• The ball bounces on the left edge of the 40m line — if the ball was placed on the same position on the try line, it would be awarded.
• The ball then heads almost straight, and judging by the shadow, looks to cross the line at approximately 39.8m from the tryline.

Of course, it also depends if Ciraldo got a touch, but it's inconclusive from that angle. Probably won't know until Foxtel go through all the other cameras I guess. We'll probably get a definite answer on NRL Xtra.

Stinkler

Juniors
I reckon he was way out of position and nowhere near where he should have been to make that call.
Badger was in a better position, and took the softcock option of going with the touchie.
From what I saw, Badger appeared to say it didn't go 10m.

The offside on the chargedown was just as bad.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Yep they got that call right but in golden point the player was offside when the ball was charged down. I reckon if Coote had scored they would of checked it and it would of been a Sharks penalty all the way back upfield

Tom Shines

First Grade
Yep they got that call right but in golden point the player was offside when the ball was charged down. I reckon if Coote had scored they would of checked it and it would of been a Sharks penalty all the way back upfield

Most definitely.

franklin2323

Immortal
Originally it lands inside the 10. It bounces over the 10. Although I am not convinced we missed it when in the air.

Bench
I think the ball bounced about 10cm short,and went forward,correct call,anyhow Penrith got no joy from the refs all night,so that was justice.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I had no problem with it but I can see why some sharks fans might be blowing up, the touchie was clearly not in a great position.

carcharias

Immortal
I saw it at the game
I sit on about half way in the Peter burns stand
Not for one second did I think it went the 10.
No replay even looked like it did.
Bounced before the line and went over the sideline before the line.
I assumed a sharks played knocked it out when penrith got the scrum feed.

Big Mick

Referee
I think the ball bounced about 10cm short,and went forward,correct call,anyhow Penrith got no joy from the refs all night,so that was justice.

Far out, you wouldn't think it seeing how they blow up on here and twitter last night.

So many freakin gronks. Thankfully there are enough non-gronks here who are actually good to redeem them.

We got just as many dud calls last night, in particular in the lead up to their last try.

Calls went both ways...even Irvine admitted it.

Last edited:

Stinkler

Juniors
I will guarantee that if the Sharks touched the ball before it went over the sideline, that it would have been a penalty against them. 100%.

Latest posts