What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones VIII

As to Tyrion dobbing in Varys, it was in character for Tyrion. When they talked about it in episode 4, Tyrion said Daenerys was his Queen and would stand by her. He only dobbed in Varys after he'd approached Jon at Dragonstone and tried to convince him to press his claim to the Iron Throne. To Tyrion, their first conversation was just kicking it around, but this was Varys actively working for it which is a big difference.

nick87

Coach
Jaime rings the bell.
She sees Jaime in the tower. Realises she has been betrayed one. last. f**king. time.
Tyrion was the person who begged her for mercy on the city. Tyrion was the person who betrayed her freeing Jaime.
Snap.

Of course, that would make it somewhat unbelievable for Jaime to reach Cersei after that but you know, plot armour.

there is 1 million things
My suggestion in a previous post was exactly how it played out, the swords drop, the bells are ringing and then some random group of common folk mount the one remaining scorpion and fire at drogon (and miss because they're f**king common folk who cant do shit) out of fear for their lives... at that point Dany mutters to herself "these are her creatures, they'll never love me, they must die" BOOM mad queen.

greenBV4

Bench
Jamie and Cersei under rubble not fire, until I see a body....

The castle actually looked a lot more intact in the trailer than I thought, maybe the collapsed rubble didnt fall on them but actually cleared away the opening. Jaime dies from his wounds but Cersei crawls out. Then Tyrion does something to help her so the baby can live, and the Lannisters still exist

It'd be pretty unbelievable but who knows

More Bran stuff and the NKs motives/origins.

Actually we already saw his origin in season 6. He was created by the Children of the Forest by impaling a man with a piece of dragon glass, as they wanted him to fight against the First Men who were burning the forests.

greenBV4

Bench
Heres another question worth theorising

Say Jon kills Dany or they have her put on trial and he "swings the sword", what happens to Drogon? I doubt he'll just sit around and watch

Do they kill Drogon aswell? how? or maybe Jon keeps Drogon, but then again I doubt many people would want the dragon that burnt KL to the ground to be flying around freely

greenBV4

Bench
Actually we already saw his origin in season 6. He was created by the Children of the Forest by impaling a man with a piece of dragon glass, as they wanted him to fight against the First Men who were burning the forests.
Yeah but thats all we know. How was he defeated the first time? and if he was defeated how did he come back? and if he came back does that mean he's not actually dead now?

and what does killing the first men for burning the forests have to do with "erasing all of history" and killing the 3 eyed ravens?

I guess if the new prequel series is green lit we'll find out

Danish

Referee
Davos will try to overthrow the monarchy
"strange women standing in fires hatching eggs is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some pyromaniac ceremony."

“Dracarys”

“Oh now we see the violence inherent in the system...”

Danish

Referee
Yeah but thats all we know. How was he defeated the first time? and if he was defeated how did he come back? and if he came back does that mean he's not actually dead now?

and what does killing the first men for burning the forests have to do with "erasing all of history" and killing the 3 eyed ravens?

I guess if the new prequel series is green lit we'll find out

the most annoyingly unanswered NK question is what the go is with all he patterns he an the white walkers like leaving everywhere.

I thought that was going to have some sort of significance but seems to just boil down to “oooohhh doesn’t it look creepy??”

Apey

Staff member
As to Tyrion dobbing in Varys, it was in character for Tyrion. When they talked about it in episode 4, Tyrion said Daenerys was his Queen and would stand by her. He only dobbed in Varys after he'd approached Jon at Dragonstone and tried to convince him to press his claim to the Iron Throne. To Tyrion, their first conversation was just kicking it around, but this was Varys actively working for it which is a big difference.
Completely disagree and think you're mixing up "in character" with "in season 8 character" which they've turned into a bumbling dick joke making idiot. This is the same character who tried to reason with his sisters gooey soft center despite he better than anyone knowing the extent of her evilness. Same char who dobbed varys in then betrayed her immediately after. Same character who objected to her burning of the tarlys. Same char has known tyrants all his life and apparently would dob one of his few friends in to one full well knowing his fate.

Yeah youre right it was in character. Thats how much theyve f**ked him.

I've got zero out of ninety-nine predictions right so for my one hundredth prediction I'll say Jon does become King, but King of the north, the Real North, The New
KING BEYOND THE WALL!!!

That should keep my record intact.

Timbo

Staff member
Potential final episode spoiler:

There is a leak that went up on Reddit from a source that posted a leak a few weeks ago saying that Danerys would go full mad queen and burn Kings Landing, triggered by bells. It also leaked that Arya would kill the Night King in episode three. So it sounds as though this source may have a bit of insider knowledge.

Anyway, this leaker states that the Iron Throne will end up with - wait for it - Wheels Stark himself, Bran. I do not know how it could possibly get to this point, or how it is within character with anyone left alive or with Bran or The Three Eyed Raven (not that we have any real explanation on what The Three Eyed Raven is, or its powers or anything like that).

If it's true, I just don't even know. It's like they've thrown darts at a board covered in names and adjectives and gone with whatever sticks.

Parra Pride

Coach

There is a leak that went up on Reddit from a source that posted a leak a few weeks ago saying that Danerys would go full mad queen and burn Kings Landing, triggered by bells. It also leaked that Arya would kill the Night King in episode three. So it sounds as though this source may have a bit of insider knowledge.

Anyway, this leaker states that the Iron Throne will end up with - wait for it - Wheels Stark himself, Bran. I do not know how it could possibly get to this point, or how it is within character with anyone left alive or with Bran or The Three Eyed Raven (not that we have any real explanation on what The Three Eyed Raven is, or its powers or anything like that).

If it's true, I just don't even know. It's like they've thrown darts at a board covered in names and adjectives and gone with whatever sticks.

Please no.

adamkungl

Immortal
I've got zero out of ninety-nine predictions right so for my one hundredth prediction I'll say Jon does become King, but King of the north, the Real North, The New
KING BEYOND THE WALL!!!

That should keep my record intact.

I'd like to see that.
Tears down Dany and the throne with her.
The monarchy devolves into smaller countries again.
Jon, traumatised by all he has seen, goes North to join the free folk.

Parra Pride

Coach
Heres another question worth theorising

Say Jon kills Dany or they have her put on trial and he "swings the sword", what happens to Drogon? I doubt he'll just sit around and watch

Do they kill Drogon aswell? how? or maybe Jon keeps Drogon, but then again I doubt many people would want the dragon that burnt KL to the ground to be flying around freely

Drogon kills everyone and takes the throne for himself.

Springs09

Juniors

I believe that same leak also said that the last shot will be Jon beyond the wall finding more bodies in the White Walker spiral?

Timbo

Staff member
I believe that same leak also said that the last shot will be Jon beyond the wall finding more bodies in the White Walker spiral?

d8mnfnz-aa062bcc-a2c6-48cc-81b5-19892700330c.gif

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I don't wnat to know ANYTHING about the NEXT episode until it airs.
So, appreciate you lot using the spoiler tags :D

2 characters I want to bring up...
What happens to Edmure now? I guess as he was likely in the Lannister dungeons that he is assumed lost now.

and Bronn....surely there was a reason we got the scene last week between him and Jamie and Tyrion right....Does Bronn have a part to play?