What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoon watch 2023

Nanadragon

Juniors
Back in 2012 we were avoiding the spoon having won 6 games during that year.
So 11 years later we are worse off having won only 4 games.
If publicity can win you games then the Tigers have it in the bag. All they talk about on NRL360 is the Tigers.
I hope I'm wrong but I think the Tigers will win tonight.

56to66

Juniors
Interesting how poorly the Dragons handled the turmoil re Hook and Hunt, the Tigers are in the headlines this week for similar reasons, everyone thinks Ryan Carr is a keeper, if the Dragons lose tonight Carr can f**k off too.
Saints should win by 20!

Illusion

Bench
Back in 2012 we were avoiding the spoon having won 6 games during that year.
So 11 years later we are worse off having won only 4 games.
If publicity can win you games then the Tigers have it in the bag. All they talk about on NRL360 is the Tigers.
I hope I'm wrong but I think the Tigers will win tonight.
X2

thebigredv

First Grade
Its being billed as the 2023 Spoon Bowl. How sad for both clubs. I think we get the job done tonight, we arent great but we are the better team on our day
I think tigers are better when on their game. Probably their worst is slightly worse than ours if you look at the two Cowboys Tigers games this year.

both teams will be after this one. Feel like Tigers will exploit our many weaknesses better than we exploit ours. Hunt will be going through the motions despite being captain of a once proud club. If he were invested result may be different.

what a sad state of affairs for both clubs.

Illusion

Bench
I think tigers are better when on their game. Probably their worst is slightly worse than ours if you look at the two Cowboys Tigers games this year.

both teams will be after this one. Feel like Tigers will exploit our many weaknesses better than we exploit ours. Hunt will be going through the motions despite being captain of a once proud club. If he were invested result may be different.

what a sad state of affairs for both clubs.
Yep both joint Venture Clubs .......

Victoire

Juniors
The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. I've never experienced a wooden spoon in my lifetime so at least I'll be able to tick that rare joy off the bucket list.

The last time St George received the spoon was 1938, I'm sure Old Timer and a few others can tell us what that was like?

Or perhaps an old Steelers fan can enlighen us about the feelings and emotions they felt 3 times in the 80's?

Dragon David

First Grade
The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. I've never experienced a wooden spoon in my lifetime so at least I'll be able to tick that rare joy off the bucket list.

The last time St George received the spoon was 1938, I'm sure Old Timer and a few others can tell us what that was like?

Or perhaps an old Steelers fan can enlighen us about the feelings and emotions they felt 3 times in the 80's?
Hi Victoire
1938 was 85 years ago and of course that was the actual Dragons club. It was well and truly before my time started on the planet and I think the same goes for all the other older gentlemen on this Forum including Old Timer who have followed the Dragons.

So I guess the ones who might have experienced the lows of winning the wooden spoon are the previous followers of the Illawarra Steelers being wooden spooners in 1985, 86 and 89.

I don't want to count any chickens before they are hatched just yet. I have faith in our boys to just miss out on getting the spoon this year. So I hope that we win at home tonight.

Illusion

Bench
Hi Victoire
1938 was 85 years ago and of course that was the actual Dragons club. It was well and truly before my time started on the planet and I think the same goes for all the other older gentlemen on this Forum including Old Timer who have followed the Dragons.

So I guess the ones who might have experienced the lows of winning the wooden spoon are the previous followers of the Illawarra Steelers being wooden spooners in 1985, 86 and 89.

I don't want to count any chickens before they are hatched just yet. I have faith in our boys to just miss out on getting the spoon this year. So I hope that we win at home tonight.
Sorry old mate but just maybe thats what is needed to put a rocket up this Joint Venture mob ..... Then they can all have a long look at themselves , and might start working together ( Both sides of the Venture ) Or they may think maybe a divorce is a better option ...... So for me a loss , really dont care .......

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry old mate but just maybe thats what is needed to put a rocket up this Joint Venture mob ..... Then they can all have a long look at themselves , and might start working together ( Both sides of the Venture ) Or they may think maybe a divorce is a better option ...... So for me a loss , really dont care .......
Don't be sorry Illusion, you are right. The Dragons getting the spoon will certainly help put the rocket up several arses of the guys running the JV. It will represent the lowest of the lowest for the JV and us Dragons fans.

Whether or not the rocket will explode is another thing and might just fizzle out like everything else that the club has tried to do in the last 11 years.

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Getting the spoon wont help anything, thats a cop out. Any so called fan that wants us to lose tonight is just having a sook like hunt. If you really care for the team you wouldnt want the spoon, because surely you dont think the magical spoon will make it all better again. Noone on the board will leave just because we get the spoon, the season was a failure weeks ago.

Illusion

Bench
Getting the spoon wont help anything, thats a cop out. Any so called fan that wants us to lose tonight is just having a sook like hunt. If you really care for the team you wouldnt want the spoon, because surely you dont think the magical spoon will make it all better again. Noone on the board will leave just because we get the spoon, the season was a failure weeks ago.
For me its not a whinge , they need to cop it , the spoon , they have been building for this since they won in 2010 ....... They all sat on their hands after that ......

redVinme

Bench
Some positivity please! Just watch the lower grades & the talent coming through!
Yeh they'll look great in roosters gear 😂

For real though. Hopefully flanno knows this and gets a strong plan together to bring the best through and send the rest out the back door.

We haven't been good at either for a long time

VodkaSaint

Juniors
anyone who think we will win has rocks in their heads, the Tigers Roster is far superior.
the only way we win is if we get a couple of early tries and things go our way
Bird of the bench will help, he is a Referee magnet.
Hope Amone plays a Blinder again, we need him to shine along Bunt Hunt.
One more thing, hope sloane doesnt act as speed hump again, if so we are doomed

Last edited:

Latest posts