What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SpoonWatch 2023

thebigredv

First Grade
Thanks to some very poor coaching and some insipid performances we find ourselves in dead last after 12 rounds.

Can’t remember when we were last mid season the last time. Has been a long while.

Aside from the main result, the other results this week really compounded our lowly state on the ladder. An all too not so gentle reminder that our destiny must be in our own hands.

Realistically, I can see us being one of 3 or 4 sides that have a really red hot shot at taking out 17th spot. I’m wrong as much as I’m right but I see a lot more upside with Tigers outside backs or Dogs off-season recruits than the hot and cold Amone/Sloane types that we are looking to lift us from being a one-man team.

Certainly makes thing interesting! Something tells me we won’t get last spot come the last round but the opposition have a bit of a head start on us thanks mostly to Hook not falling on his sword.

Dragon David

First Grade
We can only hope and pray for good results going our way and to take it a week at a time. Those close losses we have had can be reversed in the following weeks if we can play solidly for 80 minutes each game.

RedVDave

First Grade
I think spoon contenders include Canterbury (if they keep getting more injuries)
Tigers.
Cowboys.
& Of course us the only positive is our for and against isn't that bad.

The other smokey is Roosters (if uncle Nick wants a huge cash payout and asks Robbo to throw games to get the wooden spoon (ala 2009) betting on it when there odds are high, a long shot I know but I'm clutching at some sort of hope lol)

Crush

Coach
We won but bad habits of not putting opp to the sword when we have a lead.
We were lucky to win.
Can see us jagging an upset win or two but the games v Warriors Tigers even Raiders and maybe Knights we have to win.
I see your point Jeff, we were lucky to win but if they’d have won they too would’ve been lucky to win. We were the better side and deserved to win.

Como Connection

First Grade
We won but bad habits of not putting opp to the sword when we have a lead.
We were lucky to win.
Can see us jagging a upset win or two but the games v Warriors Tigers even Raiders and maybe Knights we have to win.
Blame Hunt for that, easy catch, dropped the ball then 12 points to the chooks hence I gave him 0 points, does anyone recall he almost cost the game.
CC

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Well it has happened.We are last on the table. Hopefully this gets management to make massive changes . Recruitment the priority after a new coach is chosen. We cannot just rely on our juniors.A need to bring in quality players from outside needs to be given consideration of the highest order. Big Time!!! This club should not be where it is at the moment. Our lower grades are weak as .... . Cannot see upward progress in the log term until we fix it.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Unfortunately, we will have to take our medicine and wait for recovery and that won't happen overnight.

We are still without a HC for 2024
Hunt will probably play on all 3 SOO which impacts our next 6 weeks st least
I hear DeBelin was also in the mix for Origin, although not in game 1.
Our depth in certain positions is at a critical level (imo), highlighted by the fact Lawrie now has an injury and we are scrambling to find a 'suitable' replacement

I don't envy interim coach Carr's job. Basically on a hiding to nothing.

I'd say we are short odds to collect the spoon and we have to cop that. No matter how much it infuriates us. It's our penance for years of poor coaching.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Thanks to some very poor coaching and some insipid performances we find ourselves in dead last after 12 rounds.

Can’t remember when we were last mid season the last time. Has been a long while.

Aside from the main result, the other results this week really compounded our lowly state on the ladder. An all too not so gentle reminder that our destiny must be in our own hands.

Realistically, I can see us being one of 3 or 4 sides that have a really red hot shot at taking out 17th spot. I’m wrong as much as I’m right but I see a lot more upside with Tigers outside backs or Dogs off-season recruits than the hot and cold Amone/Sloane types that we are looking to lift us from being a one-man team.

Certainly makes thing interesting! Something tells me we won’t get last spot come the last round but the opposition have a bit of a head start on us thanks mostly to Hook not falling on his sword.

We are favourites, paying 2.10 (23 May 23)