What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2016

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Think we can officially launch this bad boy now punters :cool:

Few good races kicking off this week, especially the Melbourne 3yo races couple of promising types going round there.

What horses are everyone looking forward to seeing back?

Any long range tips for the big races?

Any smokey horses that you have your eyes on to take the step up?

Will the Weir and Waller shows roll on?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Personally really keen to see Tarzino back, wasn't at his best in the Derby but I think he is a big time player in whatever they aim him at. I hope they take him to the Cox Plate I think with a bit of luck he can give Winx a fright.

Stack of good young Kiwi horses that will be coming over too, could be a few superstars amongst them.

I've backed a few horses at longs odds in the Guineas. Sacred Elixer if he goes there will be super hard to beat but a lot of the other horses high up in the betting I doubt will run 1600 metres (Capitalist, El Divino, Star Turn, Thronum). Then Prized Icon who is 3rd fave although he won the Champagne I reckon is a B-grader, the Cummings other horse is the better one of the two and its longer odds (Good Standing).

I've backed Tessera at 26s and Ridgway at 150s already but there is plenty of other good horses at good odds worth a peanut.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
100% agree with with on Tarzino in the Cox Plate,he is a 2000m horse imo,i actually give him a better chance in that than say a Caulfield Cup,and even though i should know better i like Yankee Rose in the Cox Plate too,3 year fillies never win that race but im a fan of hers.

Like Astern as a horse but John O Shea will ruin its career surely,i'll think of others soon.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Divan in the Caulfield Cup
Swear in the Golden Rose and Caulfield Guineas
Manaya in the Golden Rose
Sebrikka in the Thousand Guineas
Supido in the Mankato Stakes
Yankee Rose/Tarzino in the Cox Plate

Those are some long range roughies

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Some nice horses there HT

Completely forgot about Manaya and I've been following her since her first trial, serious filly!

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Caplodilist

Very similar to Vancouvers run last year, wasn't terrible but just couldn't quicken under the big weight.

My concern for him is that I really didn't think it was that strong of a San Dominico, Star Turn looks like he's come back super but he was a class below the best ones as a 2yo

Tango Rain was an off season winter horse and Kentucky Miss had done nothing previously at stakes grade.

You have to have faith in the Snowdens though. Interesting to see where they go from here, I reckon they will give him one more chance and if he flops there then it will be off to stud.

They did get the 3yo winner in Melbourne he looks a decent colt

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think he may have one more career run Lemon, if he doesn't show much he'll be off to to stud.

The Slipper has been a graveyard for horses since Guinea's win in 97, only a handful of horses have come back to win races as an older horse.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Jameka and Set Square both look like they are in for good preps, both went super duper.

Ciaron Maher got dis

Sphagnum

Coach
Lord of the sky ran another great race yesterday. f**k that horse right in the eye with a hot poker but credit where it's due. Suavito was terrible. So was the cleaner.

I'm prepared to forgive capitalist. The San domenico is a shit race for a good colt. Prefer to see him again without the grandstand on his back.

Ocean embers is s serious horse imo. If only it won in Adelaide... Cost me a big multi.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Gretna returns tomorrow at Canterbury, filly I've got a bit of time for, with even luck she would have won her last 3 starts.

Fave tomorrow but takes on some fit horses and she will be better suited over more ground.

Classic case of my head telling me wait for next start, but then I think if she wins or runs a cracker then I won't get any price at all so I'll be playing.

Also backed her at 100s early door for the Thousand Guineas

Follow the Lemon at your own risk gents

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Gretna returns tomorrow at Canterbury, filly I've got a bit of time for, with even luck she would have won her last 3 starts.

Fave tomorrow but takes on some fit horses and she will be better suited over more ground.

Classic case of my head telling me wait for next start, but then I think if she wins or runs a cracker then I won't get any price at all so I'll be playing.

Also backed her at 100s early door for the Thousand Guineas

Follow the Lemon at your own risk gents

Good win cuz,actually the the first three home in that race look decent.