What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2021

blaza88z

Coach
So you think showed that the gap is not really as big as everyone says and she was better than him. Barely any of the overseas horses took her on. Look at the group 1 wfa 1600m+ races now. They are turning up in a lot of them but, like the Aussie horses were all running scared back then.

what race would she have run in overseas that would’ve been more lucrative than the races she won here?

I don't think So You Think was as dominant in the UK as us Aussies would like a dual Cox Plate winner to be, he did win a few group 1's but I remember some of those races being in Ireland, they weren't big fields and the race was usually set up for him via the Coolmore peloton.

I would say his best result in the UK would be running 4th in the Arc, which I believe to be the best race on the planet. The winner ran record time on that day.

I don't think there would be many races worth more than the Cox Plate, they opted to milk the prizemoney as opposed to prove that she is the best.

blaza88z

Coach
Yep, they even didn’t run a decent 3 year against her just in case. You can’t go on a winning streak like she did without questioning her opposition. A Japanese D grader got 2 lengths of her in her last start. She was a champion but greatest horse who ever lived is just laughable. Never more than 4 runs a prep never taken out of her comfort zone and never tackled the big handicaps with big weights unlike the other champs of the turf did.

I think it's hilarious given that Black Caviar who came just before her literally beat them all, in all conditions, on both sides of the planet. Yet people still want to call Winx the best in recent times, it's a joke.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I just think it’s funny that a horse who was smothered more than a millennial’s child is considered the greatest ever. Only 4 runs a prep, unlike a Carbine and Phar Lap who won 4 races in a week over different weight scales and trips. She was great but they were terrified to really test her. At least the owners of So You think tested him at the Cup trip. He ran a gallant 3rd against a champion stayer and there was absolute no shame in that.

I just think it’s funny that a horse who was smothered more than a millennial’s child is considered the greatest ever. Only 4 runs a prep, unlike a Carbine and Phar Lap who won 4 races in a week over different weight scales and trips. She was great but they were terrified to really test her. At least the owners of So You think tested him at the Cup trip. He ran a gallant 3rd against a champion stayer and there was absolute no shame in that.

Im a sucker for a horse on a short back up. 😬

I have never understood the logic of why agencies “pay out early”, like they have done again recently with Incentivise.

I’ll never forget when they paid out early on the Dragons in 2011. What a f**ken joke! We quickly re-asserted ourselves as the Easter Premiers, claimed the preliminary final runners-up certificate and quietly f**ked off for 11 years.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Now Spanish mission is not one of the “good stayers”

make up your mind, merkin

It is but the new silly scans that these horses have to do and the fact that it’s a restricted year as trainers and what not can’t travel with the horses make this Cup the weakest it’s ever been. I mean come off it when Grand flipping Pommenade is 3rd fave you know it’s weak!

to_ddeath

Coach
I have never understood the logic of why agencies “pay out early”, like they have done again recently with Incentivise.

I’ll never forget when they paid out early on the Dragons in 2011. What a f**ken joke! We quickly re-asserted ourselves as the Easter Premiers, claimed the preliminary final runners-up certificate and quietly f**ked off for 11 years.

Certainly took the fun out of my Cups double, would’ve invested 5 times the amount on him to win the MC at the odds he was back when I placed the double bet...