What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring Tipping Comp Standings

Nuffs

Bench
hi everyone

it's that time of the year again. the best time of the year. and it's starting THIS SATURDAY

i've decided to change a few of the rules to make it easier for everyone:

- the races covered will be ONLY from sydney, melbourne, brissy and adelaide
- the races will only be races covered by fixed odds (these will be all group and listed races from syd and melb, as well as just group races from adel and bris)
- we wont include any of the midweek meetings (such as country cups), but will include obviously the cup week, and maybe the wednesday guineas meeting in october
- the comp will finish at the end of cup week. last year i think we went right through to the WA carnival but this year we'll shorten it
- i wont put threads up for each race. i'll post the form links with the weekly tipping thread

the comp goes for about 13 weeks and the more people tipping the better so tell everyone you think will be interested

unfortunately there's no prizes, but there is bragging rights (which i have enjoyed)

no need to post in here if you're in, just come back after Thurs midday and the tipping thread will be up.

hopefully we can get more than the autumn in here tipping regularly

cheers

PS macca can you sticky please?

Macca_

Coach
Not sure if I'll be in. Haven't had the chance to look at the form for a while now let alone see a race. Been busy on weekends.

miccle

Bench
I too have been FLAT OUT for the past six months.

But still, have been keeping my eye on the form and having an ocasional punt. Bugger it, I'm in!

Nuffs

Bench
who looks at the form anyway?!?!
just listen to whatever richie or kenny callander say and go the opposite - it never fails!! :p

Ice777

Bench
Exactly right, it's no big deal if you've looked at the form or not, we aren't playing for sheep stations ;-)

I haven't had a real good look myself the last couple of months but all the decent horses will have only just started their Spring prep or will soon so it won't really matter whats been happening in the winter anyway. Count me in for sure.

chiana

Juniors
I figure I'm the long shot here.

I only look at the form guide to find the horses name after I've decided the colours of the jockeys silks I like. :roll:

Nuffs

Bench
1st - 4 points
2nd - 2 points
3rd - 1 point

Nominated Special wins - bonus 2 points (making it 6 points)

Nuffs

Bench
STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 1

Miccle 13
Keeper 12
Ice 10
Stuke 9
Nuffs 8
League Rules 8
Gorilla 7
Chiana 7
Gong Eagle 7
Hineyrulz 6
Tim Brasher 5

Cletus

First Grade
I'd love to have a go if the spring carnival happens. In the meantime maybe we could just guess what the TAB sharprice will do. $13 close on monday I reckon:) .

Nuffs

Bench
RESULTS

Hiney 10
Stuke 10
Ice 8
Gorilla 8
Hessy 8
Chiana 8
Nuffs 6
Gong Eagle 6
Miccle 4