What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
if it's not broke
Given one of our starting edge forwards has signed elsewhere next year and we have no replacements coming in I'd say at this stage it is broke. Looking at our contracted roster for 2023 the best edge forward options seem to be Lane and Matterson, unless Hopgood can play on an edge. As for Hopgood, he is far Toogood for reserve grade. I'd be surprised if he isn't in our top 17, if not starting in the back row.

Gronk

Staff member
The Eels have confirmed the departures of Tom Opacic, Hayze Perham and David Hollis at season's end, with the pair farewelled alongside Isaiah Papali'i and Reed Mahoney at Parramatta's final home game of the regular season.

2023 losses​

Marata Niukore (Warriors), Isaiah Papali'i (Wests Tigers), Oregon Kaufusi (Sharks), Ray Stone (Dolphins), Tom Opacic (Hull KR), Hayze Perham (released), David Hollis (released).

JokerEel

Coach
The Eels have confirmed the departures of Tom Opacic, Hayze Perham and David Hollis at season's end, with the pair farewelled alongside Isaiah Papali'i and Reed Mahoney at Parramatta's final home game of the regular season.

2023 losses​

Marata Niukore (Warriors), Isaiah Papali'i (Wests Tigers), Oregon Kaufusi (Sharks), Ray Stone (Dolphins), Tom Opacic (Hull KR), Hayze Perham (released), David Hollis (released).

Perham - West Tigers bound to be with his mate Ice?

eels_fan

First Grade
So we have 25 in the Squad for 2023 already.

probably 24 as I think nath brown will go.

If the cap increases as rumoured we should have some decent cash to fill 3-4 positions before next season