What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Bank pull sponsorship after 40 years

ragzouken

Juniors
St George bank won’t be around in a year if any of you actually lived in kogarah you would of noticed the building on Montgomery st (the big St George one) have been changing signs and areas to be westpac areas, banks have been slowly changed to one half westpac and one half St George, St George atms aren’t even around anywhere. massive beat up.

denis preston

First Grade
To be the devil’s advocate, Westpac (the parent company) has been scaling back the St George Bank brand for a while now. With this context, it does clarify the decision a bit more. Regardless, the board and management should all go sack themselves for letting the club fall from grace this far.
SPOT ON ! But yes we gotta find a replacement Whois equally generous.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Due respect - we are a club in massive decline, holding onto wooden spoon, no coach , no signings, half the roster to be let go - no success since 2010 and you think we can attract sponsors who will pay us more!!!
Yeah i do, we have always taken under's for the jersey sponsorship because we valued loyalty that the partners provided, we basically went from Penfold's to StGeorge Bank, we have had 2 major sponsors for like 40-45 years, this is a great opportunity to get market value and sure we may not be going great currently but there is hope, its not the end of the world, wouldn't surprise me if we get a big red W on our jersey.

Old Timer

Coach
St George bank won’t be around in a year if any of you actually lived in kogarah you would of noticed the building on Montgomery st (the big St George one) have been changing signs and areas to be westpac areas, banks have been slowly changed to one half westpac and one half St George, St George atms aren’t even around anywhere. massive beat up.
Indeed you make a very valid point
I was in a Westpac branch yesterday to do St George Bank transactions

slippery5

Juniors
To be the devil’s advocate, Westpac (the parent company) has been scaling back the St George Bank brand for a while now. With this context, it does clarify the decision a bit more. Regardless, the board and management should all go sack themselves for letting the club fall from grace this far.
Exactly why our St. George branch has closed & moved into the Westpac branch.
Nothing to see here regarding club antics etc.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Will actually be good for us to get a new sponsor, hopefully that pays more than $1m a year, back in 2017 the roosters jersey sponsors where paying combined approx $2.2m, wonder how much we get from our other sponsors i reckon we dont even get close to the 2017 rooster amount..
Also potential new jersey sales etc, teams should really change every 5 years or so to bring in more merchant sales..
Agree with a little of this comment but St George surely sits proudly on the St George jersey. Wtf has this club become.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Hallelujah!!!! What a bonehead.

Now it’s time to start afresh.
I might buy a New Jersey next year.
here is a chance to put someone one WITH experience in charge.
and put some international name on the Jersey
not: this year - next year - repeat.

Eg. Coke. Redbull. QANTAS. Virgin. BHP

open up your minds and think.
again Hallelujah!!!!
I think we just bottomed out.
Who the f..k wants to be associated with us??

Latest posts