What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium agreement for New Melbourne Storm ground for next year and beyond

acosti121

Juniors
So basically the storm will play all their home games here, and use the training facilities as well. In addition, they will use any office space and corporate function space. So it begs the question do the storm sacrifice 50 percent of the stadium revenue that they would generate for the match or how is the agreement played out??

Is the agreement with the government?

acosti121

Juniors
Anyone got any info on this topic?? I think the revenue of the storm will go up atleast 20 percent in the new stadium.

sheet_ed

Juniors
Can't comment on the revenue but I hear it won't be ready 'till approx June (source - a company that supplies the roofing panels).

The project is way behind and because of the recession no-one is in a hurry to finish it.

MsStorm

Bench
Can't comment on the revenue but I hear it won't be ready 'till approx June (source - a company that supplies the roofing panels).

The project is way behind and because of the recession no-one is in a hurry to finish it.

If thats true, going to be interesting for us Storm supporters...half a year at OP and half a year at the new stadium...somehow I can't see that happening.

Evenflow

Bench
I reckon their would be penalties for missing the deadline for completion...

Spot on and big penalties at that just like on any union site for every day it's delayed. That being the case i find it very hard to believe that nobody is in a hurry to finish it, unless of course Grollo doesn't mind forking over hundreds of thousands/millions in fines.

Of course these things run behind schedule sometimes, but even if the stadium is i doubt very much it'll be any great deal of time longer than the agreed hand over date.

MsStorm

Bench
It was more or less confirmed tonight on the Storm Hr. on Sen that the stadium won't be ready until half way thru next year.

Which means we should get to play there first..:D

stormtragic

Juniors
that will be okay, big celebration at last game and then even bigger at first at new ground..last game against Dragons and first against Broncos :cool:

Latest posts