What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium progress

I doubt very much that they'll finish the bubble stadium by March 2010.

There is a large amount of scaffolding and uninstalled panels.

They will need 4 extra mobile cranes and import 1000 labourers to get the job done on time.

Last edited:
1. Already a thread about the stadium and progress: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=348064

2. It's not expected to be ready in March. Mid-late April is the aim last I heard.

3. Since when are you an expert in construction?

I work in the commercial construction industry.

They may be able to pull it off if the fit out is substantially complete.
They'll need to install the seating and grass at the same time.
From the images i've seen, there's not many workers on site.

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
There might be union problems.. the grass is growing right now on a seperate site, so its not an issue.

Evenflow

Bench
Forget about when the stadium is finished, the bigger news here is i had no idea that Timmah was made moderator of the Storm forum as well. Congratulations Tim!

It's one thing to forum cop in the nrl forum but it's a complete other to butt into a topic on an individual team forum when they're talking about their own team or something that affects all of their supporters. If they want to start their own thread about when their new stadium will be finished then no offence, but it has sweet FA to do with you.

As for the topic at hand i think it's just going to be a wait and see thing because it appears that the powers that be aren't even exactly sure themselves the finishing date. Have the Storm not given you guys any sort of update lately?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Forget about when the stadium is finished, the bigger news here is i had no idea that Timmah was made moderator of the Storm forum as well. Congratulations Tim!

It's one thing to forum cop in the nrl forum but it's a complete other to butt into a topic on an individual team forum when they're talking about their own team or something that affects all of their supporters. If they want to start their own thread about when their new stadium will be finished then no offence, but it has sweet FA to do with you.

This is a rugby league forum. Forums are not exclusive to your own supporters (you should see the Bulldogs forum, it's almost as if the Dragons own it sometimes), and if I have an opinion on what's going on, I'm entitled to share it.

As for the thread, I don't understand why someone would start a new thread when there's one discussing the same thing DIRECTLY beneath it :lol:

But by all means, keep skirting the issue.

LESStar58

Referee
As long as it's ready in time for the gala opening i.e. the ANZAC Test, then I don't care!

;)

MsStorm

Bench
do with you.

As for the topic at hand i think it's just going to be a wait and see thing because it appears that the powers that be aren't even exactly sure themselves the finishing date. Have the Storm not given you guys any sort of update lately?

Haven't heard anything official from the Storm, so I guess they are still in the dark as we are.
However Ch.9 news yesterday reported the opening date to be approx late May/early June.

sallymay

Juniors
its going to host the anzac test between Australia and New Zealand so it has to be finished by april

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Just received this email:

Dear David

The State Government of Victoria today announced the new rectangular stadium in the Olympic Park precinct will officially open with the ANZAC Day clash between Australia and New Zealand on Friday, May 7, with the Storm’s first game there two days later against the Brisbane Broncos on Sunday, May 9.

This “Festival of Rugby League” is a magnificent way to open our world class stadium. The ANZAC Day Test match is a massive game between two of the heavy weights of international rugby league, and it will be magnificent to then lock horns with the Broncos, our traditional foes, two days later for our very first game at our new home.

The initial plan was to play matches at the new stadium in April against the Manly Sea Eagles and New Zealand Warriors. Whilst this will now not occur, I can assure all who become Melbourne Storm members that their membership will include 12 home games. In the next few weeks we will finalise details regarding these matches.

Further information on the 2010 membership program will be sent out by direct mail by December 18 to all 2009 Members. This will include confirmation of the rescheduling of the 2010 season. I can assure you the membership packages for 2010 will be outstanding given the new home we are about to move into.

This is an exciting time for the Club, a new era as we move into what will be among the world’s stadiums. I’m sure you’ll agree this “Festival of Rugby League” is a magnificent way of kicking off what will be a long and successful future in our new home.
signature-brianwaldron.jpg

Brian Waldron,
Melbourne Storm CEO.

Storm4Ever

Juniors
Just received this email:

Dear David

The State Government of Victoria today announced the new rectangular stadium in the Olympic Park precinct will officially open with the ANZAC Day clash between Australia and New Zealand on Friday, May 7, with the Storm’s first game there two days later against the Brisbane Broncos on Sunday, May 9.

This “Festival of Rugby League” is a magnificent way to open our world class stadium. The ANZAC Day Test match is a massive game between two of the heavy weights of international rugby league, and it will be magnificent to then lock horns with the Broncos, our traditional foes, two days later for our very first game at our new home.

The initial plan was to play matches at the new stadium in April against the Manly Sea Eagles and New Zealand Warriors. Whilst this will now not occur, I can assure all who become Melbourne Storm members that their membership will include 12 home games. In the next few weeks we will finalise details regarding these matches.

Further information on the 2010 membership program will be sent out by direct mail by December 18 to all 2009 Members. This will include confirmation of the rescheduling of the 2010 season. I can assure you the membership packages for 2010 will be outstanding given the new home we are about to move into.

This is an exciting time for the Club, a new era as we move into what will be among the world’s stadiums. I’m sure you’ll agree this “Festival of Rugby League” is a magnificent way of kicking off what will be a long and successful future in our new home.
signature-brianwaldron.jpg

Brian Waldron,
Melbourne Storm CEO.

Yeah i just heard it just now aswell

Goddo

Bench
I am down in Melb for Christmas and had a look at the ground. Looks so good! much bigger than I had imagined it for a 30k stadium, but wow it looks top notch.

Latest posts