What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium progress

Perth Red

Post Whore
Think I'll sign up for the interstate membership just so I can be guaranteed of seats for the opening weekend. Impressive looking membership packs.

Surandy

Bench
that actually works out perfect...

use this script:

"honey, i understand how important <insert name here>'s birthday is to you. the last thing you want is to have to worry about me all night. it's important that you get to spend time with your friend on such an important night. i will do the honourable thing and find some other way to occupy my time."

I had no problems, as soon as I found out when the official opening was I told the other half:

"Y'know how it's my birthday in May, well I'm going to the Australia vs New Zealand game that night, we'll celebrate my birthday on the Saturday."

She wasn't overly happy but I don't care, test match, new stadium! f**k my birthday, that can wait!

andrew057

First Grade
There's already a thread in the NRL part of the forum, it has expected finish dates and updates.

Goddo

Bench
If you keep an eye on http://www.mopt.com.au/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-178, the progress over the last week or two on the roof has been very fast. within a few days huge sections are going on. They also have an few extra cranes going. Will be done in no time at this rate!

Aparently the turf has been fully laid and supports for the roof removed...

MsStorm

Bench
If you keep an eye on http://www.mopt.com.au/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-178, the progress over the last week or two on the roof has been very fast. within a few days huge sections are going on. They also have an few extra cranes going. Will be done in no time at this rate!

Aparently the turf has been fully laid and supports for the roof removed...

Apparently some are working 24/7 with stacks of overtime...so it should be well and truly ready.

Goddo

Bench
There was a tiny one sentence article in the Telecrap on Sunday that said the stadium will be known as AAMI Stadium, that it is a huge naming rights deal $ wise, and an anouncement will be made on tuesday.

If it is a good deal that will be great rent-wise for your mob.

melbourne_belle

Juniors
There was a tiny one sentence article in the Telecrap on Sunday that said the stadium will be known as AAMI Stadium, that it is a huge naming rights deal $ wise, and an anouncement will be made on tuesday.

If it is a good deal that will be great rent-wise for your mob.
Isn't there already an AAMI Stadium in SA?

Goddo

Bench
There are two skilled stadiums too. Doesn't mean anything. There used to be a telstra dome and stadium too. Also WIN Stadium and WIN Jubilee Oval.

If AAMI want to fork over cash for the rights, fair enough. Just telling you what was in the paper. Its not like they are in the same city either. With the soccer world cup bid, the future for AAMI Stadium in Adelaide is very bleak.

Also, different sports, different markets. Most people in NSW haven't heard of AAMI Stadium, but they know that AAMI sponsors the QLD Origin side. Makes sense to sponsor a football and cricket stadium. Reach more Australians that way.

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
I could be wrong but i doubt very much they'll have two AAMI stadiums. Not saying they won't be the sponsor but i reckon it might be AAMI xxxxxx and not stadium. I recall there was a whole kerfuffle when Skilled sponsered the Tits ground as well as Geelong's, their could be two Skilled stadiums so it was made into Skilled park instead so im tipping something similar will happen for Storm's new ground as well.

Dan70

Juniors
I could be wrong but i doubt very much they'll have two AAMI stadiums. Not saying they won't be the sponsor but i reckon it might be AAMI xxxxxx and not stadium. I recall there was a whole kerfuffle when Skilled sponsered the Tits ground as well as Geelong's, their could be two Skilled stadiums so it was made into Skilled park instead so im tipping something similar will happen for Storm's new ground as well.

Funnily enough, Robina Stadium --> Skilled Park, Kardinia Park --> Skilled Stadium :D