What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars The Last Jedi *** SPOILERS ***

LESStar58

Referee
If that's in reference to Rey then does that mean Luke is getting killed off?

If any holy Trilogy character gets killed off it'd better be Leia as I don't want her recast.

And I like the title. A big deviation from the middle third compared to Empire and Clones!

DiegoNT

First Grade
I read somewhere that Leia had a bigger role initially in the story of tfa, but after her wooden acting it was all edited back as much as possible. With that in mind maybe leia had minimal scenes and was killed off in this new movie.
The last jedi doesn't mean Luke has to die. Maybe he'll train rey in the way of the force, but not as a jedi

LESStar58

Referee
Watching TFA now... and Luke is constantly referred to (in the opening crawl no less) as The Last Jedi. Maybe the majority of the film focusses on Luke and what he was up to for 30 years

LESStar58

Referee
16427772_10154099322256898_2540886506662429903_n.jpg

I can't lie... I filled my tighty whiteys with little Vinnie's and Debbie's when I saw this.

LESStar58

Referee
Mark Hamill being talked up for an Oscar.

Nothing would make me happier but I can't see it happening.

shiznit

Coach
For what??

Edit - Just googled it... yeah I think Abrams is nuts.

The movie is 9-10 months out from general release...

The oscars are 12 months away...

With the greatest respect to Abrams... who knows what else comes out between now and then...

Last edited:

hrundi99

First Grade
For what??

Edit - Just googled it... yeah I think Abrams is nuts.

The movie is 9-10 months out from general release...

The oscars are 12 months away...

With the greatest respect to Abrams... who knows what else comes out between now and then...

Um yeah maybe he just thinks its really good and award-worthy...?

Doesn't matter what comes out in the mean time as he has no control over that.

LESStar58

Referee
Just got done reading the 3rd book of the Aftermath Trilogy. Now I just have to read "Bloodlines" and I'm done with the official canon novels between Jedi and Force Awakens.

I'm guessing that there won't be any canon novels in between TFA and The Last Jedi because there is no time lapse in between the films.

Last Week

Bench
So, I'm getting the girlfriend into Star Wars for when this comes out. What's everyone's opinions on what order to watch them in?

Release date or chronological order?

Also, FYI, I have Rogue One and yes, the prequels will be watched.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Release date I think. Gets her invested instead of starting off weak. Keeps any surprises. Maybe you can show her Rogue One before moving on to Force Awakens.