What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Championship Thread. Panthers v Pride

franklin2323

Immortal
Panthers:

1. Kieren Moss 2. Eto Nabuli 3. Waqa Blake 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Wes Naiqama 6. Luke Capewell 7. Tom Humble 8. Sam Anderson 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Regan Campbell-Gillard 11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 12. Nathan Smith 13. Ryan Simpkins
14. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi 15. Kierran Moseley 16. Leilani Latu 17. Andy Saunders

Pride:

1. Hezron Murgha 2. Javid Bowen 3. Brent Anderson 4. Kyle Feldt 5. Semi Tadulala 6. Shaun Nona 7. Sam Obst 8. Ricky Thorby 9. Jason Roos 10. Ethan Lowe 11. Blake Leary 12. Tyrone McCarthy 13. Ben Spina
14. Ryan Ghietti 15. Sheldon Powe-Hobbs 16. Davin Crampton 17. Jack Svendsen 18. Tom Hancock 21. Patrick Kaufusi

We should win this easily

betcats

Referee
Hopefully the boys are focused on this game, you know those queenslanders will be up for it.

maple_69

Bench
We've proved in first grade you can win games by playing as a team regardless of quality. Hopefully we turn up or we could have our pants pulled down.

Puntastic

Juniors
Respect the opposition, we should win this. Just need to play for 80 minutes instead of getting comfortable with a half time lead and falling asleep.

Wouldn't have minded to see Smith in the side, but I understand that they want consistency and it's hard to take this game away from any of the blokes who won last week.

Nealo 12

Bench
Big thanks for the thread Franklin ... We need to acknowledge the great year that this team has given us !

Blues Riff

Bench
I'm really looking forward to the Panthers being part of the big day, more so than I thought. There should be a big crowd there by then and plenty of support.

MrAnonymous

Bench
I think a lot of you are underestimating the Pride, if they win it wont be a shock. Q cup is a standard above NSW cup imo and Pride have been one of the standouts all year. Think we will win but it will be close.

Nugget10

Juniors
I think a lot of you are underestimating the Pride, if they win it wont be a shock. Q cup is a standard above NSW cup imo and Pride have been one of the standouts all year. Think we will win but it will be close.

Agree with all of this.

I can see the Pride pumping us.

kiwipete

Juniors

I'm a bit confused about the Q Cup Based on the previous posts, the comp is shit, the comp is better than NSW Cup, we'll kill them, they'll kill us??? Is it really that much of a lottery or are some of us really that bad at judging comps?
Just hope our guys have stayed focussed on the prize and realise the opportunity they have to shine in front of a decent sized crowd and enjoy the moment. Last weeks GF should have been played as curtain raiser to our game vs the dogs on Saturday night not in front of 2000 people at Allianz, would have had triple the atmosphere that they had there.
Great year to these guys , lets get there and support them, they deserve it. Good luck to all the departing players and thanks for the ride!

franklin2323

Immortal

I have watched NSW Cup most week. Including the games on Fox not just Penrith. QLD Cup is terrible Fox plays the games on a Sat morning so it's not just a few

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm a bit confused about the Q Cup Based on the previous posts, the comp is shit, the comp is better than NSW Cup, we'll kill them, they'll kill us??? Is it really that much of a lottery or are some of us really that bad at judging comps?
Just hope our guys have stayed focussed on the prize and realise the opportunity they have to shine in front of a decent sized crowd and enjoy the moment. Last weeks GF should have been played as curtain raiser to our game vs the dogs on Saturday night not in front of 2000 people at Allianz, would have had triple the atmosphere that they had there.
Great year to these guys , lets get there and support them, they deserve it. Good luck to all the departing players and thanks for the ride!

The betting is us $1.18. Then $4.95

Both of us won 20 lost 4.
Both won our GF's by 30

Kinda shows what is thought of the 2 different competitions

maple_69

Bench
I think as Penrith fans we have this innate instinct to talk our team down because we've been disappointed so often. I think the club has earned the right for a bit of pride and confidence. Obviously there's a bit of unknown about the two comps but just look at the sides. We have 10 with NRL experience and at least 5 who will be there in the next two years. We have reason to be confident.

Pomoz

Bench
"We should win this easily" is a statement I heard so many times before State of Origin, only for Queensland to come out and beat us in spite of having four players in traction all week, the five eighth in a coma, Alfie Langer with a leg amputated and at least one forward being shot by a sniper during the game. The Pride will be beating the "Queenslander" drum to within an inch of its life and will come out breathing fire. They will smash us until our teeth rattle. The coach will make this an SOO game.

All this crap in the Telegraph about "we hate the big smoke" and "some of us have never seen a city before". If you believe any of that, I have a harbour bridge to sell you. The whole "we are just dumb country boys" schtick will disappear once they see the whites of our eyes and become engulfed in a maroon mist that smells like Wally Lewis's jock strap and turns them into beasts.

Remember Bob Lindner? He played for the Gold Coast Seagulls and when played for them he was so anonymous the gate keeper would ask for his ID before he would let him in the changing rooms.
When he put on the maroon jersey, you couldn't kill him with a squadron of SAS and a brown stick.

We have to be prepared for an intense forward battle and arm wrestle with no quarter given, or they will roll us and revel in the "underdog Queenslander" vibe.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't with this side. Brennan seems to be able to get teams to lift when they need to. Ignoring 1st grade for a moment. Jennings, Ethan Cook haven't played a game, Spence and Cherrington has missed plenty.

So we haven't haven't had a smooth run yet are about to show those Grubby QLDers how we play footy down here

betcats

Referee
As long as we turn up to play we should win comfortably, I agree that Brennan probably will have them ready, Kevs last game aswell so there is some extra motivation.

Latest posts