What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Champs GF : Pride v Panthers - Predictions / Possibilities / Press

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Congratulations to Northern Pride.

Always a professional club and this is a class team.

Didn't mind the $4.95 either. :D:D:D

hellteam

First Grade
I got $5.35... NSW bookies obviousky . excellent game and definitely proved the worth of this fixture

hellteam

First Grade
I got $5.35... NSW bookies obviousky . excellent game and definitely proved the worth of this fixture

marv

Juniors
Really enjoyable game I watched this morning. I would love to see more of the stuff from the QLD/NSW cup on TV here in the UK.

Great to see Tyrone Mc grab the winner too.

FWIW pride were + 16 over here. I took that on the H/Cap cos anyone with a brain knows very few Grand Final's blow out like that

XXXX Cap

Juniors
The closeness of the game has proven the worth of this concept.

Then how come the stadium is less than 20% full ? I can't believe that people who pay exorbitant prices for GF tickets only come to watch one game.

A good section of the crowd last week was already there by the end of Colts and that's the way it is with most non-NRL Grand Final days.

marv

Juniors
Then how come the stadium is less than 20% full ? I can't believe that people who pay exorbitant prices for GF tickets only come to watch one game.

A good section of the crowd last week was already there by the end of Colts and that's the way it is with most non-NRL Grand Final days.

Surely Penrith V QLD team is a hard sell to Dogs/Rabbits fans?

It happens at International Double headers and In the UK when we have the lower grade G/F day too.

Not everyone is like us, Ill watch any game of rugby me!

XXXX Cap

Juniors
It's a Grand Final. It is going to be compelling.

You are missing so much taking an interest in one single competition.

TheFrog

Coach
Congratulations to the Pride on the win. Panthers seemed a tad complacent after overcoming the early onslaught. Nonetheless it was a great game for a reserve grade match. The two competitions are fairly evenly matched I would say.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Great win by the Pride. Was really surprised by the lack of respect from a couple of Penrith fans on here but it was a very entertaining game.

Son of Minto

Bench
Congratulations to the Pride on the win. Panthers seemed a tad complacent after overcoming the early onslaught. Nonetheless it was a great game for a reserve grade match. The two competitions are fairly evenly matched I would say.

Qld Cup won the Residents and the State Champs.

Qld Cup >

Titanic

First Grade
The total disrespect by the southern clique is wonderful and proves that real rugby league feelings are alive and well ... one Origin series and they've reclaimed their arrogance ... lol@thelotofyou

Great win FNQ!!!!

Joker's Wild

Coach

Likely because of 2 factors

1. It was the first time the concept was run

2. NSW based supporters get next to no exposure to the QLD Cup

Both comps need better respect from the punters and the broadcasters

marv

Juniors
It's a Grand Final. It is going to be compelling.

You are missing so much taking an interest in one single competition.

I agree mate 100%. I am also really tight, If I buy a ticket that allows me to watch two games, I will watch both games!

Just saying, most won't and the crowd showed that