What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Final

ozbash

Referee
Surely Hadley and co must see the answer to our opening problems with How and Spearman.

one of the better games of the summer.
Go the Cantabs :roll:

ozbash

Referee
cheers, handy sort of a batsman.

ian said ""Canterbury got flogged. That was awesome!""

:shock: bring back nathan,, and adam,, and the toddfather :lol:

apart from nd playing like a bunch of blouses, it has been pretty good,, dont you think ?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Not too many horrifyingly low scores. And i can only think of one of the low scoring games being walkovers.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
CD looked like Australia. They could have scored 400 - Spearman could have had 200.

Iafeta

Referee
He had an amazing junior record back in Masterton. We'd never really heard, not that I remember, of Jesse Ryder who apparently is also a local junior. But Ross Taylor was a phenomonal superstar as a junior. He averaged like 300 for seasons on end. The only real failure I'm aware of was to an outswing medium pacer from Chanel College who gave him a bit of verbal and got under his skin and dismissed him for 7 after 5 tight overs. Forget that blokes name, hear he goes into forums under the name Iafeta. Oops! If he makes it into the Kiwi team, that story will go down in family folklore! Now, whatever happened to my career - my dreams - my hopes????!!!!

Ross Taylor for mine is a bolter for the Black Caps. Considering especially Astle sounds like he's out of the team. Cumming's big advantage to retention is his phenomonal fielding and running between the sticks. In a way I'd like to see that continued to be nurtured, but I'd also like to see a Ross Taylor or a Peter Fulton make the trip to England to continue their development - those blokes for mine are the future of New Zealand cricket and should be harnassed.

Anonymous

Juniors
Taylor should be picked for the tour to England, if not the South Africa ODIs. He's achieved more in one season of State Shield than 28 year old Cumming has in his entire career. The reason is that Cumming doesn't have 1/10th of Taylor's talent. It's rare that we get such a talented, fast scoring top order player coming through the ranks, and actually scoring runs at domestic level. Brendon McCullum, for example, got picked for NZ without ever doing anything at domestic level. We should get Taylor into the team simply because he's the best we've got.