What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STATE OF ORIGIN (2008) QLD v NSW

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good work to everyone on both sides.

Thanks to Mr Farenheit and Big Mick for helping me look after the team as captains. Fantastic teamwork by all and sundry.

Titanic

First Grade
Good efforts all round ... For any other team: what's worse than having to juggle players? having to juggle captains at the same time! But, as per usual, adversity has brought out that renowned, backs-to-the-wall, last ditch effort, giving-your-all, fight-to-the-death, never-say-die, annoy the crap out of the Blues, Queenslander spirit.

griffo346

First Grade
Good Job NSW lets hope we get up in a thriller and make that threepit :crazy: if we don't i am sorry :lol:

BTW good luck to Mr F and his Maroons

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Good work to everyone on both sides.

Thanks to Mr Farenheit and Big Mick for helping me look after the team as captains. Fantastic teamwork by all and sundry.

Yeah, should have mentioned it. Last minute circumstances had me handing off the captaincy in the dying seconds to Madunit, who then pulled a hammy for Big Mick to guide us towards hopefully a victory. A fantastic group effort that i'm very proud of. Thanks Unit & Mick & the rest of the team.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good efforts all round ... For any other team: what's worse than having to juggle players? having to juggle captains at the same time! But, as per usual, adversity has brought out that renowned, backs-to-the-wall, last ditch effort, giving-your-all, fight-to-the-death, never-say-die, annoy the crap out of the Blues, Queenslander spirit.
if there were another 2 days prior to full time I dare say everyone in the line up would've had a run as captain!

Titanic

First Grade
lol ... I would have had to politely decline as responsibility sits with me like brains would with Willie Mason.

Jesbass

First Grade
I love how this match has really fit the tagline of State Of Origin. With Cougar team mates griffo346 and Mr Fahrenheit having both captained their club side but now facing each other as rival captains at this level, it truly is mate against mate, state against state.

(Man I love this game! Can you tell I'm having withdrawals with the Warriors having a bye? :lol:)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
glockers playing against madunit, Big Mick, Azkatro, Furrycat, and League Nut.

seems like no-one from the Panthers got a bye at all.

and almost the entire kiwi F7's side has turned out for Queensland! lol

Big Mick

Referee
Piper and Glockers vs myself, Unit and Az...with Furry on the bench.

Looks like Panthers played this round!

Amadean

Juniors
Panthers, Kiwis, mates vs mates...
Well, except for the Titan's pairing of myself and Titanic - none of that "best friends with the enemy" rubbish from the Gold Coast. Bring on Origin 2!

On a side point, good game with some top posts. Great comeback from QLD to hold on at the death.

Pistol

Coach
This game had a real Origin feel to it. Gritty, determined posts. QLD and NSW at their best. Ahh its great to be a part of the F7s

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
an early try, a rush of points at the end.

I don't think I'll bother going to the Origin match next Wednesday, I doubt it can live up to the standard of this performance

Titanic

First Grade
Can someone tell me how to remove the cork from my right thigh? Bloody Moet - lucky I adjusted at the last moment!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not at all, us Panthers, Warriors, Queensland Kiwi reps have a knack for hitting the turps as early as possible after a game.

It's not about who wins or loses, it's about how much grog you can drink prior to the result being made. lol

Latest posts